BuddyPress Query String Network/Multisite groups 403 error

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro BuddyPress Query String Network/Multisite groups 403 error

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Patrick
    Participant

I modified the Current Root htaccess File that was the only thing that had not changed automatically and the problem persists only from path / wp-admin/index.php. But from any other contaminants eg path / wp-admin/edit.php menus work normally. I would add that this occurs in an installation with BuddyPress.Translated by google.  Thank you.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

What version of BuddyPress do you have installed?

Do you have a standard single WordPress / BuddyPress installation or do you have a Network/Multisite WordPress / BuddyPress installation?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

If you would like for me to log into this website and find out what the issue/problem is and fix it then please create a temporary WordPress Admin login account for me and sent it directly to edward at ait-pro dot com.  Thanks.

Patrick
    Participant

ok

Patrick
    Participant

I’ve also created a temporary account administrator for masalladelared.com since this installation the problem persists menus xxx / / wp-admin/network /Thank you.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok I logged into both sites and installed that latestest BPS Pro 5.3.3 bug fix version on susurros.info and that site is fine now.  I was unable to do this on the masalladelared.com site because i did not have enough permissions – i only had Site Administrator permission and not Super Admin permission.  What happened was we released a BPS Pro 5.3.3 bug fix version, but forgot to change the .htaccess code in one area of BPS Pro so if you created a new .htaccess file then the same old .htaccess code was still being created.  For your masalladelared.com site you will need to download a new BPS Pro 5.3.3 version from the Secure Download Area >>> http://www.ait-pro.com/login/?redirect_to=/pd/ then install this new version using the BPS Pro built-in Upload Zip installer (DO NOT use the WordPress upload zip installer – the installation will fail).  Then click the [obsolete-removed] buttons and activate the Root folder BulletProof Mode and wp-admin BulletProof Mode again.  Thanks.

Patrick
    Participant

Well, masalladelared.com I followed the steps and everything works fine except the path / wp-admin/network /. In the rest of blog network everything works fine.In susurros.info still not working for menu path / wp-admin/index.php and failure persists buddypress forums. To test this I ask you to answer in this forum http://susurros.info/grupos/de-prueba/forum/topic/probando-el-for-del-grupo-de-prueba/
    Translated by google.Thank you.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok now i see the problem.  I did not understand what the problem was.  This is actually an old issue.  Please see this old WordPress Forum post link below for a full explanation of what is happening.  The Query String – ?#post-22 – should not be displayed like this.  This is a bug in BuddyPress that was fixed as of BuddyPress 1.6.1, but another person who has also upgraded to BuddyPress 1.6.1 is still seeing these broken Query Strings so something in BuddyPress is still causing this old problem.  This is not occuring on the BulletProof Security BuddyPress Forum.  The only logical thing i can think of is that maybe you have had BuddyPress for a very long time (started with an much older BuddyPress version) and when you upgraded somehow the old code/or file in BuddyPress that causes this bug was not replaced.  If you do not want to try and figure out why or where that BuddyPress problem is occurring then you can comment out this root .htaccess security filter and the problem will no longer occur on your BuddyPress site.

RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} \?\ HTTP/ [NC,OR]

susurros.info/grupos/de-prueba/forum/topic/probando-el-for-del-grupo-de-prueba/?#post-22

Old BuddyPress Query String problem
    http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-bulletproof-security-buddypress-and-403?replies=31

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Actually i just thought of something else.  Your BuddyPress installation is on a Network/Multisite installation of WordPress and the other person who is having this problem also has a Network/Multisite installation of WordPress so what must be happening is that the BuddyPress code/bug was fixed for single site WordPress installations, but was not fixed/was missed for Network/Multisite installations of BuddyPress.  I will do a search in the BuddyPress code and see if i can find the coding mistake and will post the coding fix here.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Is this reply problem only occuring in “Groups” or is it happening when replying to Topics anywhere?  I see some BuddyPress code that might be causing the problem, but I need to know if this happens everywhere and not only in Groups.

Patrick
    Participant

It only happens in groups. The installation of the forums is for groups only.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Does that mean that replies work correctly in other places on your site or does this mean that replies do not work anywhere on your site because you are only using Groups?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

When you comment out this .htaccess code in your Root .htaccess file does the error still occur or not?

RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} \?\ HTTP/ [NC,OR]
    Patrick
    Participant

This means that only affects the group forums in other sites does not affect

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok great then I think i have found the bad code in BuddyPress.  I will need to write some new code for BuddyPress so once that is done then i will post it here.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.