Setup Wizard – Error: Unable to create or update File /bulletproof-security/admin/htaccess/.htaccess

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free Setup Wizard – Error: Unable to create or update File /bulletproof-security/admin/htaccess/.htaccess

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Hilary Barrett
    Participant

Oops.

The one error message I couldn’t get to turn from red to green after changing all the directory permissions, uploading htaccess files and re-running the setup wizard:
    Error: Unable to create or update File path/to/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/htaccess/.htaccess

The file was there, with permissions 644. I tried to change them to 666 but permission was denied by the server. Oh, I thought, maybe if I delete this file and re-upload it I’ll have permission. So I deleted it…and found there’s no such file in the downloaded zip file.

Oops.
    Help?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The /bulletproof-security/admin/htaccess/.htaccess file does not exist in the bulletproof-security.zip file because it is created by BPS for each website/server after BPS detects which htaccess code should be used on your particular website/host server.  There is a manual control to create/activate the Master htaccess BulletProof Mode.  Go to the BPS htaccess Core > Security Modes tab page > Activate Master htaccess BulletProof Mode > click the Activate button.  Let me know if you see an error or the BPS Master htaccess file is created successfully.

Hilary Barrett
    Participant

Success, thanks. Message in green, no warnings.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok Great!  Thanks for confirming that worked.  The original cause of the problem will remain a mystery, but at least there is not any sort of permanent problem going on.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.