The Next Generation TNG Genealogy- readme.html File Not Found

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free The Next Generation TNG Genealogy- readme.html File Not Found

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ron Charest
    Participant

Hi,

I am attempting to install third-party software into WordPress called “The Next Generation (TNG),” a Genealogy package that works with multiple platforms. The package is loaded into my root “Public”HTML” directory under “Genealogy,” and the master configuration file is “readme.html.” Even though everything loaded correctly, and initial file permissions set to 644, I am unable to load the readme file in my browser. I receive a File Not Found Error” when trying to bring up the readme.html file. The complete path would be:

charest.net/Genealogy/readme.html
    I’ve also tried making this path a subdomain as in:
    genealogy.charest.net/readme.html
    But receive a 500 error using this url.

My ISP help desk claims the issue is with my .htaccess file and tells me I need to add a path. I’m not sure what path needs to be added nor which file (root or WP_Admin) files. Can this be a result of the .htaccess defaulting to index.php for directories?

I’d appreciate any assistance.
    Thanks!
    Ron

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Do BPS troubleshooting step #2:

1. On the Security Modes page, click the Root Folder BulletProof Mode Deactivate button. See Custom Code Note if doing this step works.

If the problem is no longer occurring after doing BPS troubleshooting step #2, then most likely you will need to do these Custom Code steps below:  Note:  If the code in your BPS root htaccess file looks a little different then you want to to delete this section of the code “readme\.html|” after copying it to the BPS Custom Code text box.

1. Copy the modified htaccess code below to this BPS Root Custom Code text box: CUSTOM CODE DENY ACCESS TO PROTECTED SERVER FILES AND FOLDERS
    2. Click the Save Root Custom Code button to save your Root custom code.
    3. Go to the BPS Security Modes page and click the Root Folder BulletProof Mode Activate button.

# DENY BROWSER ACCESS TO THESE FILES
    # Use BPS Custom Code to modify/edit/change this code and to save it permanently.
    # wp-config.php, bb-config.php, php.ini, php5.ini, readme.html
    # To be able to view these files from a Browser, replace 127.0.0.1 with your actual
    # current IP address. Comment out: #Require all denied and Uncomment: Require ip 127.0.0.1
    # Comment out: #Deny from all and Uncomment: Allow from 127.0.0.1
    # Note: The BPS System Info page displays which modules are loaded on your server.

<FilesMatch "^(wp-config\.php|php\.ini|php5\.ini|bb-config\.php)">
    <IfModule mod_authz_core.c>
    Require all denied
    #Require ip 127.0.0.1
    </IfModule>
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.