Installing W3 Total Cache with BulletProof Security Pro

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Installing W3 Total Cache with BulletProof Security Pro

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    armintz
    Participant

which custom code area in bps pro would my w3 rejected user agents list go?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

All W3TC htaccess caching code goes in the same place:  The CUSTOM CODE TOP PHP/PHP.INI HANDLER/CACHE CODE Custom Code text box.

armintz
    Participant

if i want to deactivate plugins to test for various conflicts on my site, is there a particular order or protocol i should follow when deactivating/reactivating w3 and bulletproof pro? thanks

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Nope, deactivating and activating W3TC is only done when you are installing W3TC.  So you can deactivate or activate plugins in any order since that does not affect anything related to BPS Pro.

Hannah
    Participant

Hello, I hope you had a lovely holiday.

I just finished building http://lindaabblettwatercolors.com. Everything was running nicely with BPS Pro installed until I installed W3TC. I followed your instructions for installing W3TC with BPS Pro already installed, but the site went down with a 500 error. Strange that the caching seemed to keep the site up, and even allowed me admin access, in browsers I had already used to visit the site, but when doing speed tests in GT Metrix or Pingdom and in browsers with which I had not visited the site, I got the 500 internal server error. Of course I would love to be able to activate W3TC again. I went through the same process with http://pegismith.com, setting them up side-by-side and being careful not to enable any minification as I followed the instructions and Pegi’s site is fine. The plugin profile for both sites is very similar, though Pegi’s has Facebook comments and Linda’s has WooCommerce. I did see these errors today in the PHP error log, which has not reported any errors since the 11th. Would you help me figure this out? Thanks so much, and the best New Year ever to you!

[30-Dec-2015 22:55:52 UTC] PHP Warning:  Missing argument 1 for W3_AdminEnvironment::fix_after_deactivation(), called in /home/content/14/9998914/html/wp-content/plugins/w3-total-cache/inc/functions/activation.php on line 754 and defined in /home/content/14/9998914/html/wp-content/plugins/w3-total-cache/lib/W3/AdminEnvironment.php on line 64
    [30-Dec-2015 22:56:40 UTC] PHP Warning:  Missing argument 1 for W3_AdminEnvironment::fix_after_deactivation(), called in /home/content/14/9998914/html/wp-content/plugins/w3-total-cache/inc/functions/activation.php on line 754 and defined in /home/content/14/9998914/html/wp-content/plugins/w3-total-cache/lib/W3/AdminEnvironment.php on line 64

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

If the site is not loading then delete the BPS root htaccess file to get the site back up.  Then backtrack your steps and make sure you are doing all the steps in the correct order.  The order of the setup steps are very important: http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/installing-w3-total-cache-with-bulletproof-security-pro/#post-412  If you need for me to login then I will need both a WordPress Administrator login to this site and and FTP login to the hosting account.

armintz
    Participant

email sent to info at ait-pro dot com – thanks

dtyler1
    Participant

I am trying to install W3 Total cache following the above instructions but with no success. I’ve completed all the above steps, but I continue to get this error. The help files says not to include any slashes and not to include the file path above the wp-content folder. I double checked the path (and pasted them below), and the three files that need to be excluded are directly below the wp-content folder so just naming them should be enough when creating auto exclude rules. Please advise

Error: Incorrect Folder Exclude rule detected
    db.php is not a valid folder name/path or does not exist under the wp-content folder.
    Click the Read Me help button to see examples of valid folder exclude rules/paths.

wp-content/plugins/w3-total-cache/wp-content/db.php

advanced-cache.php is not a valid folder name/path or does not exist under the wp-content folder.
    Click the Read Me help button to see examples of valid folder exclude rules/paths.

wp-content/advanced-cache.php

object-cache.php is not a valid folder name/path or does not exist under the wp-content folder.

wp-content/plugins/w3-total-cache/wp-content/object-cache.php

**Update, I see the two ‘wp-content’ folders I will try going up the file structure to the first one and see if that fixes it

***This is interesting. I get a new warning because BPS Pro sees the lower plugin ‘wp-content’ folder and the higher ‘wp-content’ folder as the same and forbids it:

Error: Exclude paths should not contain wp-content in the exclude path.</span>
    plugins/w3-total-cache/wp-content/ contains wp-content in the exclude path. Delete wp-content from the exclude path and click the Save To DB button again. Click the Read Me help button to see examples of valid folder exclude paths.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ dtyler1 – You do not want to create AutoRestore wp-content folder exclude rules and instead want to create AutoRestore single file exclude rules because you are excluding single files and not a folder.  See the AutoRestore|Quarantine Guide help section:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-guide-read-me-first/#autorestore-exclude-rules for steps to create AutoRestore single file exclude rules.  Note:  The ARQ Guide help section contains help steps for creating both wp-content folder exclude rules and single file exclude rules.

dtyler1
    Participant

Well, that worked like it should. It’s just the approach…
    http://www.greatamericanthings.net/americana/no-107-the-far-side/

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ dtyler1 – Are you asking a question or was that link pointing to a joke?

dtyler1
    Participant

Just a joke for my not seeing the obvious

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep, just wanted to make sure.  Push vs Pull makes a difference sometimes. 😉

dtyler1
    Participant

It does, thanks for the outstandingly fast support time and answers. Much appreciated

dtyler1
    Participant

W3 Total Cache now wants additional directives in the current root.htaccess. Are these safe/compatible to use?

# BEGIN W3TC Page Cache core
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteCond %{HTTP:Accept-Encoding} gzip
    RewriteRule .* - [E=W3TC_ENC:_gzip]
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_COOKIE} w3tc_preview [NC]
    RewriteRule .* - [E=W3TC_PREVIEW:_preview]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} !=POST
    RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} =""
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} \/$
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_COOKIE} !(comment_author|wp\-postpass|w3tc_logged_out|wordpress_logged_in|wptouch_switch_toggle) [NC]
    RewriteCond "%{DOCUMENT_ROOT}/wp-content/cache/page_enhanced/%{HTTP_HOST}/%{REQUEST_URI}/_index%{ENV:W3TC_PREVIEW}.html%{ENV:W3TC_ENC}" -f
    RewriteRule .* "/wp-content/cache/page_enhanced/%{HTTP_HOST}/%{REQUEST_URI}/_index%{ENV:W3TC_PREVIEW}.html%{ENV:W3TC_ENC}" [L]
    </IfModule>
    # END W3TC Page Cache core

The original directives when installed:

# BEGIN W3TC Browser Cache
    <IfModule mod_deflate.c>
    <IfModule mod_headers.c>
    Header append Vary User-Agent env=!dont-vary
    </IfModule>
    <IfModule mod_filter.c>
    AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/css text/x-component application/x-javascript application/javascript text/javascript text/x-js text/html text/richtext image/svg+xml text/plain text/xsd text/xsl text/xml image/x-icon application/json
    <IfModule mod_mime.c>
    # DEFLATE by extension
    AddOutputFilter DEFLATE js css htm html xml
    </IfModule>
    </IfModule>
    </IfModule>
    # END W3TC Browser Cache
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.