Login attempt notifications

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free Login attempt notifications

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Kobus
    Participant

Good Day,

I am just a bit unsure of certain things. my website is http://www.firecorpgrp.co.za. I am using the free version. Thank you for such great  software. I am being notified on numerous failed log ins daily. Unfortunately I do not know what to do with it. I need people to log into my website and not into my admin. does this failed log ins refer to my website or the admin?

Kind Regards
    Kobus

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster
    Kobus
    Participant

Good Day AITpro Admin

Thank you for the quick response. May I ask a question for clarification? Are you saying that when one logs into my website, he/she also at the same time logs into my admin dashboard?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

WordPress uses a database that has authentication.  When a user registers or logs into your website they are authenticating/connecting to your WordPress database.  A user could be sent/redirected to the default WordPress /wp-admin/profile.php page on successful login or somewhere else.  Usually that is handled by your Theme.  WordPress uses User Roles:  Administrator, Editor, Author, Contributor and Subscriber.  Only an Administrator User Role can access all of the WordPress Dashboard panels.  The other User Roles can access various things in your WordPress Dashboard.  A Subscriber can only see their Profile and your main Dashboard page and does not have access to any other WordPress Dashboard panels.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

If you are new to WordPress then I recommend starting here:  http://codex.wordpress.org/Getting_Started_with_WordPress

Kobus
    Participant

Good day AIT Pro Admin.

Thank you for this valuable info. I am going to study all the links you have supplied. Yes I am new at wordpress and do not get any support from the wordpress forums.

Why would BPS report “failed log ins”?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Why would BPS report “failed log ins”?

Because you have chosen BPS options to be notified about failed logins, which is recommended. And of course because the login attempts failed. You can of course choose not to be notified, but obviously I do not recommend that you do that.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.