InfiniteWP – WordPress login

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free InfiniteWP – WordPress login

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    WayneM
    Participant

Just wanted to make note of something interesting and handy to know.

I use BPS Free on all my websites, and I use InfiniteWP to help manage them. One of my websites has recently been hammered with login attempts and I activated the BPS Login Security. It’s been locking my admin account every so often due to login attempts. I was curious to see if I could login to the website using InfiniteWP. It worked, I was able to login (this is good).

I checked to see if I could login using the standard WordPress login. That did not work. (also good).

So, I already knew that InfiniteWP uses some sort of direct-to-backend URL with a secret unique authentication key to login to websites that have been added to the manager. What I did not know is that this works even if an admin account has been locked by BPS. As I noted, I think this is a good thing as it allows me to use BPS Login Security with less concern about what I need to do to get logged in to a website with a locked admin account.

This also makes me feel good to know that my two favorite WordPress tools BPS and InfiniteWP work great together, and that I’m brilliant for using them both 🙂

Once again… Thanks for making BPS Free available!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

A WordPress Login is a database connection to your WordPress database.  Once successfully connected to your database, WP uses is_user_logged_in (means the same thing as “is user connected to the database”) and other WP functions to allow you to access to your wp-admin Dashboard area.  So InfiniteWP is making a direct connection to your WordPress database instead of going through the usual process of wp-login.php conditional checks.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.