Maintenance Mode Whitelist Not Working

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free Maintenance Mode Whitelist Not Working

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jazze
    Participant

Hi and thanks for the awesome addition to WP. I’ve installed BPS in a multisite development environment and performed the basic configurations along with your bonus code recommendations. I then configured the MM page and added my IP address to the whitelist. When I’m viewing my site from backend and click the visit site link, I’m redirected to the MM page. I know this works because I tested it before adding the bonus code. And yes I could resolve the issue by reverting back from the bonus code, but I like the security features it adds.

What I’d like to know is if you can provide some assistance with how to get it all working correctly?

These are the bonus codes I used:

• CUSTOM CODE TOP PHP/PHP.INI HANDLER/CACHE CODE (with FileETag MTime Size, Header unset ETag & FileETag none commented out)
    • CUSTOM CODE BRUTE FORCE LOGIN PAGE PROTECTION
    • CUSTOM CODE BOTTOM HOTLINKING (with Author Enumeration Bot Probe Protection, URL Redirect & XMLRPC)
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Not sure what this means – “…When I’m viewing my site from backend and click the visit site link, I’m redirected to the MM page…”  Are you clicking the link in Preview Mode?  All of the Bonus Custom Code should work fine without any sort of impact with MMode, unless of course you are doing something with Brute Force Login protection code that has an IP address in it and the IP address is different.  That is the only logical guess I can think of.

jenni101
    Participant

Hi there,

Thought I’d continue this thread as the same thing has just happened to me. I input my (recommended) IP in the maintenance mode area and enabled frontend MM, but when I visited my site’s frontend (as above: “and click the visit site link”…) then it only shows in MM. It works fine for my other sites in MM, though I do have different plugins etc here. My current main plugins are: Kleo theme; s2member framework; BuddyPress; rtmedia; WP SEO; Visual Composer + a few others. I’m running all the latest versions of everything (inc BPS) and have input the code recommended by BPS for BuddyPress in my bp-custom.php file in the plugins root.

The only other thing that’s possibly happening is that I’ve just bought an SSL cert with a dedicated IP – but this hasn’t yet been confirmed so it shouldn’t have changed yet. Also I’ve checked my IP both in BPS and with http://whatismyipaddress.com/ip-lookup and it’s the same that I’ve input into my MM settings. I’d appreciate your thoughts on this.

Many thanks.

Update: no sooner had I posted this and went to check it out yet again, I found the obvious mistake… I’d copied the Ip from above the IP address input box, and (unbelievably) included the “Recommended IP Address:” before the IP! – obviously time to stop! So totally sorted now – and thought I’d leave this in just in case it helps someone else.

Cheers 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.