PHP Errors Unable to load dynamic library pdo_mysql.so

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro PHP Errors Unable to load dynamic library pdo_mysql.so

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Email Question:

Is this something to be concerned about in the php error log:
    [19-Nov-2012 15:28:15] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626/pdo_mysql.so’ – /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626/pdo_mysql.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

I get a whole lot of those.

Answer:

The php error is telling you that the pdo_mysql.so extension is not being successfully loaded from your php.ini file or this extension is not in your php.ini file or maybe you need to comment out this extension because it should no be loading for your particular PHP version.  Did you recently switch or upgrade from PHP5.2.x to PHP5.3.x?

I believe these extensions / PDO drivers are now part of the core since at least 2011. 

Open your php.ini file with the BPS Php.ini File Editor and look for these extensions below.  If they do not exist then add them to your php.ini file and see what happens.  If they exist then comment them out and see what happens.

extension=pdo.so
    extension=pdo_mysql.so

Brian
    Participant

PDO php data objects
    I commented out all of these:
    ;extension=pdo.so;extension=pdo_sqlite.so;extension=sqlite.so;extension=pdo_mysql.so
     Errors are gone now. But still not sure if these are needed?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I am not really sure if they are needed or not.  The general idea i got from Googling this php error is that these are the troubleshooting steps you should follow to determine what the problem might be or might be related too.  I don’t think these extensions are needed, but you should check with your Web Host about this.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

On Go Daddy all of these extensions are loaded for my websites so maybe you do need them?  See what your Web Host says because this could actually be a symptom of a Server side problem. For example the MySQL Server is having issues.  The General idea is you now know that by not loading these extensions the error goes away so you have isolated where the issue / problem is.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.