PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare bpspro_ap_check

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare bpspro_ap_check

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Sweetspot
    Participant

Thanks. I will contact them their support at once. Ok, with you if I refer to this topic? I´m not really sure how to put this question so that they understand, I don´t want to confuse them…

/C

Sweetspot
    Participant

Sorry for some bad spelling and grammar in last reply. Anyway I sent mail to my webhost support and also linked to your last post. Hopefully they will correct it. I guess this is a problem that affect many other sites on their servers aswell.
    I´ll get back when and if they solved this matter.

regards / C

Deb
    Participant
    [07-Apr-2015 03:07:13 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot redeclare bpsPro_AP_Check() (previously declared in /home/yeslinco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/functions.php:54) in /home/yeslinco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/functions.php on line 67

One out of the seven installs on the same server all running the same basic plugins is popping this same php error (this is one of the 3 new BPS installs in the last 3 days) and it is the only one giving problems. None of the plugins above is on this site. All went very smoothly and quickly on this one – easy.

They are not constant from the timestamps. Only 8 occurences in 24 hours.

Should I just go with with a BPS P reinstall to start with?
    But I hate that 🙂

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The cause and solution for this problem is here: https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/php-fatal-error-cannot-redeclare-bpspro_ap_check/page/4/#post-25456

Go to the BPS System Info page and post this info here:

Server|Website IP Address: xxxxxxxxxx
    Host by Address: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    DNS Name Server: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Public Internet IP Address (ISP): No need to post your IP address
    Server Type: xxxxxxxxxxx
    Operating System: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    WP Filesystem API Method: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Server API: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Deb
    Participant

For the stat record: there’ve been 9 more occurrences since the above. I’ll go ahead and reupload the BPS P folder. I now see your note above. Thanks.

Server|Website IP Address: 198.57.192.47
    Host by Address: server.precisionvps.com
    DNS Name Server: ns1.precisionvps.com
    Public Internet IP Address (ISP):
    Server Type: Apache
    Operating System: Linux
    WP Filesystem API Method: direct
    Server API: cgi-fcgi CGI Host Server Type

(Just in case they help)
    [edited/deleted – the issue would not be related to PHP config settings]

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The cause and solution for this problem is here: https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/php-fatal-error-cannot-redeclare-bpspro_ap_check/page/4/#post-25456

Reinstall BPS Pro using the BPS Pro built-in Upload Zip installer instead.  Using the BPS Pro upload zip installer ensures that a reinstallation is 100% successful.  BPS Pro Setup main menu >>> Upload Zip Install.  I do not think a reinstallation will fix whatever is causing the problem, but it is worth a try.  Also the advantage of using the BPS Pro built-in upload zip installer is that you are overwriting files vs removing all files and adding/creating the new files.  Your BPS Pro settings are not affected/changed by using the BPS Pro built-in Upload Zip installer.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I split the issue with ZipArchive into a new Topic here:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/class-ziparchive-not-found-in-installation-php-on-line-259/

At this point, create a temporary Administrator login to the site and send it to edward at ait-pro dot com.  In general, a “Cannot redeclare” php error means that a function is seen twice.  Could be caused by having duplicate functions, files or a file is being loaded twice (Proxy/routing/CDN/Cloudflare/Cache issue/problem).  There are some other causes of this type of php error, but in this particular case, these 3 things would be the only relevant causes of that error.

Deb
    Participant

THANK YOU.

I finally worked through the ZipArchive topic — reloaded BPSP. Still error. Never had any site caching. Theme is identical to other working site. Didn’t see a problem in Security Log that *I* could discern.

Disabled these plugins: bbPress Admin Bar Addition, bbPress Moderation, Genesis Toolbar Extras, Register IPs, TablePress, WP Edit. (TablePress is on other sites no problem. Bolded my guesses.)

NO ERRORS in 10 hours. Consider it solved.

Incredible hit numbers in S.L. blocks to an IP address for Request_Uris:
    /admin/web_editor/
    /system/htmledit/
    /system/webedit/
    /system/southidceditor/
    etc.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Email Question:

I asked my host if there is a Proxy routing problem where my website/server ip address is being seen as an internal instead of the correct public ip address and the answer was no… The message I get is the following:

PHP Fatal error:  Cannot redeclare bpsPro_AP_Check() (previously declared in /home/xxxxx/www/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/functions.php:54) in /home/xxxxx/www/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/functions.php on line 67
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Do these steps in this order:

Use the BPS Pro built-in Upload Zip installer (NOT the WordPress Upload zip installer) to reinstall the BPS Pro zip file.  You will not lose any settings – this is just reinstalling the BPS Pro files.  If you have an older BPS Pro zip file downloaded to your computer then get a new current BPS Pro zip file.  See the link below for instructions.

Upgrading|Reinstalling an existing BulletProof Security Pro Installation (Using the BPS Pro Built-in Upload Zip Installer)
    http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/bulletproof-security-pro-bps-pro-upgrade-installation-methods/

If you are still seeing the php Fatal error after reinstalling the BPS Pro zip file, deactivate all of your WordPress plugins to see if the php error is being caused by another plugin that you have installed. If you are no longer seeing the php error after deactivating all of your plugins then reactivate your plugins one by one to find out which plugin is causing the issue/problem.

If you are still seeing the php Fatal error after deactivating all plugins then the php Fatal error is being caused by something on your server. Most likely a Proxy|Routing problem or a PHP configuration issue/problem in your server’s php.ini file.

Glasairmell
    Participant

[Topic has been merged into this relevant Topic]

On a server move I am now getting this error on several of my WP sites.  Any suggestions how to fix this.  No plugins where changed on any of the sites and bpsPro ran perfectly before.  All IP set ups the same except I am running a different IP for the server.

[24-May-2015 02:54:01 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare bpsPro_AP_Check() (previously declared in /home/xxxx/domains/xxx.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/functions.php:54) in /home/xxxx/domains/xxx.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/functions.php on line 67
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/php-fatal-error-cannot-redeclare-bpspro_ap_check/page/2/#post-22441
    Reinstall BPS Pro using the BPS Pro built-in Upload Zip Installer and run the Setup Wizards again.

Glasairmell
    Participant

I had used the zip installer.  The suggestion to also use the wizards seems to have fixed the problem.   Will post again if it pops back up.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Great!  The Wizards are designed to automatically fix things, look at your server/website/everything else to see if anything has changed (ie moving to a new server, etc.), make the necessary changes and correct any mistakes.  Thanks for confirming all is well.

Glasairmell
    Participant

Still getting the error.  Now keep in mind no plugins have been changed and this error just cropped up recently on a grouping of WP sites.

[24-May-2015 18:01:55 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot redeclare bpsPro_AP_Check() (previously declared in /home/xxx/domains/xxx.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/functions.php:54) in /home/xxxx/domains/xxxx.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/functions.php on line 67
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.