pqsql.so error

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro pqsql.so error

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Paul D.
    Participant

Greetings !

One of our many clone site is generating an error log. These error logs are generated in public_html and public_html/wp-admin. It is displaying this message :

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Invalid library (maybe not a PHP library) 'pgsql.so' in Unknown on line 0

What we did is to exclude the error in BPS Pro and let the webhost tech support address the error. While we were waiting for a reply from webhost, another quarantined error popped up..  this time coming from: wp-includes/js/tinymce/error_log

We also reported that error using the same ticket to webhost.  Our webhost replied to our submitted tickets :

pgsql.so is installed. Can you test now and see if it works? I’ve done something that might get you passed this. If not, we’ll need to look into this further.

We checked BPS Pro in WP and found out ARQ quarantined 2 files :

/public_html/session_mm_cgi-fcgi1982.sem
    /public_html/php.ini

I’m not sure what the first file is for but when I viewed the 2nd file  (php.ini) in Quarantine tab it shows this line :

extension=pgsql.so

The question is. What do we need to do regarding this ? Would unquarantining the two files work ?  What do you suggest we do ?
    Thanks,
    Paul

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

These issues have to do with your php.ini file directives/settings.  I assume that restoring the files is all you need to do.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/how-to-create-custom-php-ini/#post-3101

The files were quarantined because backup copies of these files did not exist previously.  These are new files that were added to your website without creating backups of these new files.  Restore the files from Quarantine using the Restore File option

Paul D.
    Participant

I have created a custom php.ini based on the steps here : http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/custom-php-ini-file-setup-php5-3-x/

It didn’t quarantine the 2 files above when I did the steps.

BTW,

/public_html/session_mm_cgi-fcgi1982.sem  (cannot be excluded in Add/Exclude Static Files)
    /public_html/php.ini (this is the custom php.ini now)

I added the line

extension=pgsql.so

in the custom php.ini and changed the session.save_path = /tmp  into  

session.save_path = "/tmp"

like what you specified in : http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/how-to-create-custom-php-ini/#post-3107. Still the same error.

PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Invalid library (maybe not a PHP library) 'pgsql.so' in Unknown on line 0
    <span style="font-family: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', 'Bitstream Charter', Times, serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px;"> </span>

Should I escalate this prob to webhost tech support?

Thanks,
    Paul

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yes, this is something that you need to get your Host Support folks to look into since this is a Server issue/problem directly related to your particular Host Server.

Are you actually using PostgreSQL.  That seems a bit off so check that you actually need pgsql.so in the first place.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

And yes that is correct that you would not be able to exclude this file since it is a dynamic file that will continue to change dynamically – /public_html/session_mm_cgi-fcgi1982.sem  (cannot be excluded in Add/Exclude Static Files).  I believe this is some sort of control panel based/generated file.  Please ask your Host what this file is and if you need it.  Most likely you do not need it.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

If this particular website actually needs/uses PostgreSQL then you would also need to add extension=pdo_pgsql.so to this website’s php.ini file, otherwise you will continue to see errors.

extension=pgsql.so
    extension=pdo_pgsql.so
    Paul D.
    Participant

I can see couple of “FILENAME.so” at the bottom of  the custom php.ini file created via BPS Pro in public_html/php.ini

date.timezone="America/New_York"
    extension=pdo.so
    extension=pgsql.so
    extension=pdo_sqlite.so
    extension=sqlite.so
    extension=pdo_mysql.so
    extension="ixed.5.3.lin"
    zend_extension="/usr/local/Zend/lib/Guard-5.5.0/php-5.3.x/ZendGuardLoader.so"

No “extension=pdo_pgsql.so” there… Should I add it ?
    Thanks,
    Paul

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep, you would add it.  Have you confirmed yet that this Server is really using PostgreSQL?

Paul D.
    Participant

They didn’t confirm it.
    Anyway, I opted to revert it to the regular steps we do with our clone sites.. turn off arq… delete files… activated bulletproof modes.. etc.. and let the H9 techguys fix it from their end instead of me going over the custom php.ini .. it’s too complicated for me. 🙂

Thanks for the support!
    Paul

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.