Random General Questions

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Random General Questions

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 350 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ jenni101 – Scott will be logging into your site when he gets in.  He is running late this morning and will send you an email when he is ready to login to your site.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ BCW – Your rlrssslReallySimpleSSL htaccess code would go in this Custom Code text box:  CUSTOM CODE WP REWRITE LOOP START.  See this forum topic for more help information and steps for adding custom Rewrite Loop htaccess code:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/wordpress-ssl-htaccess-code-rewrite-ssl-rewritecond-server_port/#post-7233  The rest of the htaccess caching code you posted above would go in this Custom Code text box:  CUSTOM CODE TOP PHP/PHP.INI HANDLER/CACHE CODE.  You do not need to do anything with your wp-admin htaccess file/code.

alexb
    Participant

Didn’t want to open a new thread for this because I’m sure it’s just a minor thing:

I have a site that is still using the free BPS plugin. For some app integration my programmer needs to store “session variables” but for some reason it doesn’t work on this site. It does, though on another WP site hosted in the same Cpanel account (but that site where it works doesn’t have BPS installed). My host also suggested that some of the .htaccess code might be interfering.

Could you please tell me which part to remove to get this session variable stuff working again?

# BULLETPROOF .53.3 >>>>>>> SECURE .HTACCESS

# CUSTOM CODE TOP PHP/PHP.INI HANDLER/CACHE CODE
    # Creates a conditional check for is not post.php
    <FilesMatch "!^(post\.php)">
    <IfModule mod_headers.c>
    # Protects against Drive-by Download attacks
    # Protects against MIME/Content/Data sniffing
    Header set X-Content-Type-Options nosniff
    Header always append X-Frame-Options SAMEORIGIN
    </IfModule>
    </FilesMatch>

[the rest of the BPS standard root htaccess code was deleted]
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ alexb – maybe the custom code you added in your post above could have something to do with session variables.  Do the standard BPS troubleshooting steps:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-free/#bps-free-general-troubleshooting to see if the problem is related to BPS or not.

alexb
    Participant

Thanks. I’m not a programmer so unfortunately I can’t see what that code even does. My coder will be back tomorrow so have to wait with the troubleshooting. From your experience, could this custom code potentially interfere with session variables? Nothing of the standard BPS code would do that? How about anything in the wp-admin .htaccess file?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

There is no htaccess code in any BPS htaccess files that does anything with session variables.  Doing the standard BPS troubleshooting steps does not require any knowledge or expertise.  You would just click things to turn things On or Off.

The BPS 403.php Security Logging template does do something with Session, but it is after the fact.  Example:  An error occurs and someone is redirected to the BPS 403.php Security Logging template.  The root problem is occurring at a deeper level and that would need to be fixed wherever that is occurring.  The end result of a particular problem may appear to be a Session problem due to the original problem redirecting to the logging template which starts a new Session and then destroys that Session.  The BPS 403.php Security Logging template is the end result of some other problem/error occurring somewhere else and ending up at the Security Logging template after that problem/error has occurred.

<?php session_cache_limiter('nocache'); ?>
    <?php session_start(); ?>
    <?php error_reporting(0); ?>
    <?php session_destroy(); ?>
    alexb
    Participant

Right, I could do the “turn things on/off” myself but I couldn’t then test further if the session variables are working or not because I have no idea how he did it or where I even have to look. So will have to wait until tomorrow and tell him. Hopefully that’s it. Thanks.

alexb
    Participant

Thanks. Hm, what else could cause something like this? I deactivated BPS, also deactivated a caching plugin…running out of ideas. Doesn’t make sense that it would work on one WP site on the same server but not on another.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Not really sure since there is nothing in BPS that does anything with Session.  The first logical place to look would be in the Server’s php.ini file.  The php.ini file has lots of directives that do things with Session.

BCW
    Participant

[Topic has been moved to this Topic]
    All my pages are returning “Internal Server Error……Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request……..My current .htacces file has this in it. (In part) Do I need to put this into the custom code area? I ask because as it does not show in the “Secure .htaccess” dropdown? Website is – http://thesummerwind.com/ One of pages is – http://thesummerwind.com/special-events/

# WP REWRITE LOOP START
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /thesummerwind.com/
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-pro/#bps-pro-general-troubleshooting

To get your website back up use FTP or your web host control panel file manager and delete your root htaccess file.  If you have added this code to BPS Custom Code then delete it and do all of the Custom Code steps.  What exactly are you trying to do?

Root htaccess File Custom Code Setup Steps
    1. Enter your custom code in the appropriate Root Custom Code text box.
    2. Click the Save Root Custom Code button to save your Root custom code.
    3. Go to the BPS Security Modes page and click the Root Folder BulletProof Mode Activate button.

BCW
    Participant

you replied to my post – http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/random-general-questions/page/17/#post-28851 by asking me a question….how to respond to your questions/replies? You asked what I am trying to do….I am trying to get rid of the error messages and have the pages show. You said to deletes the .htaccess file. Should I delete the whole file folder, or just the contents. If I delete the folder, will the file folder be remade automatically if I start the BPS set up all over?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Just delete the root htaccess file.  The root htaccess file is in the same folder as your WordPress wp-config.php file.  This will get your website back up.  Then login to your website and if you have added the code you posted above to BPS Custom Code then delete it and do the all of the Custom Code steps.  The question I am asking you is why you are using that code when BPS already creates the exact correct code for your website.  In other words, it is unnecessary to use the code you posted above.  So I was wondering why you think you need to use the code you posted above.  Also if AutoRestore restores the bad root htaccess file with the bad/invalid code in it then you will need to do this additional step first.  Use FTP or your web host control panel file manager and delete this file here:  /wp-content/bps-backup/autorestore/root-files/auto_.htaccess and then delete your root htaccess file again and login to your site.

Paul
    Participant

If i deactivate BPS will the site be protected by htaccess while i run tests. Something is preventing WP 4.5 updates and some plugin updates and i need to eliminate BPS? on one site i see php error On one site i see public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/functions.php on line 1365

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

BPS Pro is a very advanced plugin.  All BPS Pro security features can be turned on or off for testing using the BPS Pro troubleshooting steps:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-pro/#bps-pro-general-troubleshooting

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 350 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.