Random General Questions

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Random General Questions

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 350 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Great!  Making forward progess is a good thing.  🙂  Ok so turn off AutoRestore first.  Then do these steps below in the exact order of the steps:

1. Edit your wp-config.php file and delete the old WP Super Cache code.
    2. Leave the PHP handler code in Custom Code for now since I assume your were using it before and no problems were occuring on your website.
    3. Go to the BPS Security Modes page and click the Root Folder BulletProof Mode Activate button.

If your website crashes then delete your root htaccess file again and let me know that your site crashed and do not do any other steps below.

4. Assuming your website did not crash.  Go to AutoRestore and click the Root Files > Backup Files button.
    5. Turn AutoRestore back On.

AbZu2
    Participant

Followed steps 1 to 3. Site crashed again. No .htaccess file to be found in public-html/

Just a few .htaccess.bak files

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Hmm ok so either the php handler is a problem or maybe the Speed Boost Cache code is the problem on your host, but I am pretty sure other folks on BlueHost are using the Speed Boost Cache code, but maybe not with the new Beta 5.6 PHP server version?  Do these steps below.

1. Refresh whatever you are using to check your /public_html/ folder and you will see the root htaccess file.
    2. Delete the root .htaccess file again.
    3. Go to BPS Custom Code and comment out your php handler code with a # sign:  #AddHandler application/x-httpd-phpbeta .php
    4. Delete the Speed Boost Cache code.
    5. Click the Save Root Custom Code button.
    6. Go to the BPS Security Modes page and click the Root Folder BulletProof Mode Activate button.

Let me know if everything is ok at this point.

AbZu2
    Participant

Yep that worked. Past 2am and my brain is starting to melt. Will revert to the stable version of PHP tomorrow before trying anything else. Thanks for all the kind help. Appreciate it very much. Hasta mañana. Determined to get BPS Pro purring on my site.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok yeah stable is good for now so yep get some sleep.  😉  If you want to test the php handler after you get back to looking at this then basically you would do a rinse and repeat of all the troubleshooting steps you have been doing so far.  Example: uncomment your PHP handler code, save root custom code and activate Root Folder BulletProof Mode.  If the site crashes then yeah you know it is the php handler code. 😉  You can also do the same troubleshooting steps with the Speed Boost Cache code……after you get some zzz’s. 😉

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

OMG – I see what is/was causing the website crash now.  I missed this before in your root htaccess code that you posted.  You have/had plain text right after the # END WEBSITE SPEED BOOST line of commented out text. If plain text is not commented out with a # sign then your server will try to process it like htaccess code.  So your server was trying to process the “You can use the code exactly as is or” plain text.  That is/was definitely the problem. 😉  Sorry I missed that silly thing, but the good news is both your PHP handler and the Speed Boost Cache code will work fine without any errors/problems.

# END WEBSITE SPEED BOOST
    You can use the code exactly as is or
    AbZu2
    Participant

Success !!! After all the running around my brain. Illumination at last. Double checked that there was no text after the # END WEBSITE SPEED BOOST line
    No problemos. Thanx.

Just wanted to double check. Is my current BPS status OK. Thanx.
    http://prnt.sc/ayaeli

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

AutoRestore (ARQ) is turned off and it looks like you have turned off “Security Status: BPS Pro Version, RBM, WBM & Alerts” on the S-Monitor page to not display the BPS Pro version or RBM or WBM status. BPS Pro 11.7.1  RBM: On  WBM: On Before turning AutoRestore back on you can either click all the Backup Files buttons on the AutoRestore page or just re-run the Wizards again.

AbZu2
    Participant

Would appreciate information on compatibility issues with Wordfence and BPS Pro installed with Speed Boost Cache activated. Wordfences Falcon engine looks quite impressive regarding speed performance. If Wordfence is compatabile with BPS I would delete Speed Boost Cache. TIA

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The only Wordfence problems we are aware of are the new Worfence WAF firewall problems that are occurring in this forum topic:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/wordfence-firewall-wp-contentwflogsconfig-php-file-quarantined/  We have created additional checking code in BPS Pro 11.8 that will check for and alert someone about Wordfence problems that create problems for BPS.  Not sure if Wordfence Falcon is just hype or legit since we have never tested it.  Several people have told us Wordfence Falcon is all hype and did not really do what Wordfence is claiming it does.  😉

AbZu2
    Participant

Thanks for the nfo. Committed the changes and believe all is OK.

http://prnt.sc/ayg8u0

Thank you also for the nfo concerning Wordfence. Read the firewall scenarios involved with Wordfence and BPS. If they come up with a separate plugin just for the Falcon engine it could be interesting, but in the meantime, IMHO, the hassle is not interesting. Happy to have BPS purrring away without further complications. 🙂

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep, looks good to me.

Charles Pedley
    Participant

Resolved: Issue/Problem was handled directly via email
    Hello! This is very critical to me as I have de-activated all other security on my site Press4truth.com and tried to activate BPS Pro but I cannot! I get this:

Warning: require_once(/home/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxx/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>/home/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxx/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security-pro/bulletproof-security.php on line 78
    Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxx/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in <b>/home/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxx/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security-pro/bulletproof-security.php on line 78

Also I cannot find the email address I registered with: I had written it down as [email address removed] but that did not work. I have the username “cpedley” but I need the email address. Please contact me at [email address removed].

Hannah
    Participant

Hi, I have been receiving emails the past day or two that updates are available for BPS Pro, but something strange has happened that I’ve not experienced before. First, the usual manual update check procedure did not work on any of my BPS Pro sites.  Though this has never happened to me before, they are hosted on a variety of hosts, so I’m not assuming that there is anything blocked on any particular host. So, I read the instructions for doing the update manually, downloaded the file as instructed and uploaded it via the uploader in the Setup>Upload ZIP install area to each site. This went fine on all 13 sites, but when I refreshed the BPS Pro status bar, it showed the same version number as the previous update that came out in April, V. 11/7/1. Should I be concerned, or is there something else I should do?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Hannah – BPS Pro 11.7.1 is the most current version of BPS Pro.  If you have the most current version of BPS Pro installed then forcing a manual update check will not display a BPS Pro upgrade notification on your WordPress Plugins page.  So the question is why were you receiving automated BPS Pro upgrade emails if you already had the most current version of BPS Pro installed.  The only logical explanation I can think of would be this scenario:  Your Host Mail server had a backlog of emails queued or the BPS Pro upgrade emails were queued a long time ago on your Host Mail server and were just released from the Mail server queue recently.  Or some other type of Mail server problem.  I cannot think of any code in BPS or the API server end of things that could cause that and since no one else is reporting this issue then it must be isolated to your Host Mail server or some other email problem on your end.

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 350 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.