SI CAPTCHA Anti-Spam – CAPTCHA does not work on Login page

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free SI CAPTCHA Anti-Spam – CAPTCHA does not work on Login page

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of b-cat b-cat 1 year ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • #7263 Facebook Google Twitter Email Stumbleupon Digg reddit pinterest Myspace Delicious LinkedIn tumblr
    b-cat
    Participant

I’m using BPS Free and SI CAPTCHA Anti-Spam (SICAS) plugins.

When BPS and SICAS are both activated, BPS works fine, but SICAS does not. Specifically, SICAS displays a CAPTCHA image and the input box on the login page, but it does not block the login if the input code is wrong or blank! The login is allowed as if there were no CAPTCHA requirement at all.

When I deactivate BPS, suddenly SICAS works fine, and it blocks improper logins, improper CAPTCHA code inputs, etc.

So, something is happening when BPS is activated that is interfering with the operation of SI CAPTCHA Anti-Spam.

Any suggestions?

#7265 Facebook Google Twitter Email Stumbleupon Digg reddit pinterest Myspace Delicious LinkedIn tumblr
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yes, we are aware of this.  What is happening is SI CAPTCHA Anti-Spam is using the same WordPress authenticate function that BPS is using on the Login page.  Obviously 2 plugins cannot be trying to do the same or very similar things without there being some sort of competition/conflict.  BPS overrides SI CAPTCHA Anti-Spam on the Login page and Registration to the site.

Your options are these:

Go to the SI CAPTCHA Anti-Spam settings page and uncheck CAPTCHA settings for Login and Registration.

or

Turn Off BPS Login Security.

#7268 Facebook Google Twitter Email Stumbleupon Digg reddit pinterest Myspace Delicious LinkedIn tumblr
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

If you would like to block spammers, spam registrations, comment spammers and Brute Force Login attacks see this Forum link below.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/protect-login-page-from-brute-force-login-attacks/

#7271 Facebook Google Twitter Email Stumbleupon Digg reddit pinterest Myspace Delicious LinkedIn tumblr
    b-cat
    Participant

I turned off BPS Login Security, and that solved the problem! Thanks! All the other BPS functionality remains, which is great.

I didn’t want to turn off SI CAPTCHA on the login page, since that is the primary reason I’m using that plugin.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.