Blank pages, white pages

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Blank pages, white pages

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Paulin Halenria
    Participant

Hello

I’m installing BPS Pro on three websites in paralell mode (one click on each site to be sure to have exactly the same configuration).  The sites are on the same host, on the same computer, as I’m the hoster.  The config on the site is the standard one generated by panel i-mscp (site : i-mscp.net) last release (1.1.0-rc4).  The installation diplayed correctly in two of three sites, but not on the third one.  The only difference is the domain name (same WP Version, same plugins installed, same WP Theme).  I have on the site the same symptoms as the incompatible hosts.

Screenshot: img20.imageshack.us/img20/7088/bpsprotrouble.png

Do you have any idea?
    Thanks

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Most likely the Activation Key for this site is not valid.  Request a new Activation Key on the BPS Pro Activation page.

Paulin Halenria
    Participant

I tried, but didn’t received the new key.
    So I delete the extension, install it again.
    I have also delete WordFence to avoid any issue. Just reinstalled it. Asked the key. And I’m waiting for it.

Site is https://wp-adm.in
    As it’s written in the Help “NOTES: Each of your websites only needs to be Activated once. The Activation Key will always be the same Activation Key. Activation Keys are created by using your Domain name and then adding a salt and encrypting your Activation Key. This process of creating encryped Activation Keys is completely automated and done by the AITpro API Server.” I also tried to enter the old key again, and no more success.

Thanks

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I see that you have requested a new Activation Key and that it was successfully sent.  You changed your domain/URL from HTTP to HTTPS.  Any time you change any part of your domain name/URL you will need to request a new encrypted Activation Key.  The encrypted Activation Key includes your entire domain name/URL including HTTP/HTTPS/www/no www/.com/.net/.org/etc.

Yes, each website only needs to be activated once, unless something changes about your domain name/URL and then you would need to request a new Activation Key to match your domain name/URL change.  That help information should say this “…The Activation Key will always be the same Activation Key, unless you change your domain name/URL (http to https or www to non-www)….”.

I will manually resend your Activation Key to you in case you have not received the automated email from the API Server.

Paulin Halenria
    Participant

Hello

Key received. Setup done. Thanks a lot.

As I’m going to add a ssl server to the last of the three sites, I keep this information stored. Isn’t there a way to check in our account the domains associated to our keys in a centralized way?

Thanks

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

For security reasons we do not publicly store or display anything that is related to Download Keys, Activation Keys or anything else relating to BPS Pro accounts.  Everything relating to BPS Pro accounts is encrypted and to discourage any sort of malicious attempts/activity we have chosen not to make this secure information publicly available.  The BPS Pro/API Server automated systems are designed with the same concept of lost password retrieval.

Example:  You can at any time request the Activation Key for a website.  If you change something about the website domain name/URL you can at any time request a new Activation Key.  The API Server Activation Key system is completely automated so what this means is that the API Server will always send you the correct/appropriate/valid Activation Key when you make an Activation Key request from a website using a valid Download Key.

liane
    Participant

A happy user of the free plug, I just installed the pro version. I followed the directions, set the download key, got the activation key, saved it, bps said it was activated successfully… and found blank pages in all the bps setting pages, except the activation one. looking the html code revealed that the page was not complete. Activated php error log didn’t help, no php error. Checked in this forum and saw this case quite similar to mine, so, after 2 hours of searching I tried again the activation process, but this time, I read these words in the activation mail:

Copy and paste the entire Activation Key below including any dots ( . )

Well, it happened that my activation code had a dot as a last char, and double-clicking the code didn’t selected it. Besides, I mistakenly took that dot has a end of line one. May I respectfully suggest that instead of failing silently, you put a more informational message saying the key is not correct?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

What we will be implementing very soon on the API Server is an automated email that will have the exact information about what the isssue/problem is.

“The Activation Key you have entered is missing the dot (.) on the end of the Activation Key.  Copy and paste this Activation Key (including the dot): xxxxxxxxxxxxx for website:  xxxxxxxxxxxxx into …………”

“The Activation Key you have entered: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx is not correct for website: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.  Activation Keys are unique for each website.  Please request a new Activation Key for website:  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.”

Also we will be looking at a better approach for the original automated Activation Key email.  Maybe doing something as simple as putting the Activation Key into a bordered box that is highlighted would do the trick.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    liane
    Participant

anything will do… as long as it is not a hit & miss game to activate the plug…but… isn’t it “uber” complicated, I mean, a simple CRC check on the key as it is entered will do for most of stupid user errors like mine, just a “invalid key” before submitting would have saved me a lot of time searching…Anyway, my problem is solved, I posted it juste for reference.

Thanks for your answer and your great work.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

It is a valid issue/problem that is actually already in the works and should be completed soon.  We were kind of doing something like that already a while back – sending the automated emails to our mailbox for these types of issues/problems.  So we will implement that again, add some more stuff and cc ourselves in the automated emails.

Without boring you with all the technical details,  BPS Pro is designed so that all user initiated actions/requests are outgoing POST requests from your website/BPS Pro to the API Server for all the right/correct ethical reasons – privacy, etc.  So in order to do an Activation Key check from within your site / in the BPS Pro code, we would have to include the Salt we use to generate the Automated Encrypted Activation Keys, which would expose that Salt publicly so we would not want to do that.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

After looking at all the angles and best approaches we are going back to what we were doing before.  Automated emails from the API Server will be sent to us again to alert us when an Activation Key is invalid and then we will notify the site owner of that site.  Looks like this has been reviewed/looked at few times over the years and there are issues and problems with doing any of the things I thought we could do above.  ie the Activation Key emails need to be plain text/ASCII and cannot be HTML since some web hosts spam Activation Key emails if they are HTML.  There are numerous issues with sending the automated API Server emails directly to website owners for invalid Activation Keys so that is a no go.

Radek
    Participant

Simle question. How can I (step by step) perform the activation procedure again, when I can not enter BPS Pro settings? Thanks i advance for your help.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The BPS Pro Activation page should always be viewable/accessible so that you can request an Activation Key on a site that is not yet activated.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I logged into this site and the Activation page was displaying normally so that means that either you have corrupt Browser cache that needs to be deleted or you have a Browser add-on or extension that is causing the problem or you have something installed on your computer that is causing the problem.  Activation Key was successfully saved.  Wizards were successfully run.  BPS Pro is setup on this site.

Brendan
    Participant

Hi Guys,

All of a sudden I have no plugin options. I have deactivated all plugins to to see if it would help but still no chop.  Heres an image of what I see.
    [dead link deleted]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.