BPS Pro Notice: Network/Multisite htaccess Code Correction Needed

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free BPS Pro Notice: Network/Multisite htaccess Code Correction Needed

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    o6asan
    Participant

About an hour earlier, I updated to .50.8.

I followed the instructions “BPS Pro Notice: Network/Multisite htaccess Code Correction Needed” and all finished.
    It says “This Notice will go away automatically after doing all of the steps below”. But it still remains on my admin page. Do I need something else?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The Notice should go away automatically after doing the steps.  No other steps are needed/required.  Do the steps again and let me know if the Notice goes away.

o6asan
    Participant

> Do the steps again and let me know if the Notice goes away.

I did the steps again and again but the Notice haven’t gone yet.
    I cannot find any other trouble with BPS Free .50.8 on its admin page.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok let’s dig deeper so that I can test the exact setup/scenario you have on a testing site:

Are you logged in as a Super Admin?
    Is BPS Network Activated on your Network site or is it only activated on the Primary site or is it activated per site (each site individually)?
    When you click the Root Folder BulletProof Mode Activate button do you see a success message or an error message?
    Check the htaccess File Editor tab page and post this File Editing information below:

File Open and Write test successful! The secure.htaccess file is writable.
    File Open and Write test successful! The default.htaccess file is writable.
    File Open and Write test successful! The wpadmin-secure.htaccess file is writable.
    Your root htaccess file is Locked with Read Only Permissions.
    Use the Lock and Unlock buttons below to Lock or Unlock your root htaccess file for editing.
    File Open and Write test successful! Your currently active wp-admin htaccess file is writable.
    o6asan
    Participant

> Ok let’s dig deeper
    Thanks!!

> Are you logged in as a Super Admin?
    Yes, I am.

> Is BPS Network Activated on your Network site or is it only activated on the Primary site
    > or is it activated per site (each site individually)?
    I have BPS Free Network Activated on my Network site.

> When you click the Root BulletProof Mode Activate button do you see a success message
    > or do you see an error message?
    I see a success message.

> Check the htaccess File Editor tab page and post this File Editing information below:

File Open and Write test successful! The secure.htaccess file is writable.
    File Open and Write test successful! The default.htaccess file is writable.
    File Open and Write test successful! The wpadmin-secure.htaccess file is writable.
    Your root htaccess file is Locked with Read Only Permissions.
    Use the Lock and Unlock buttons below to Lock or Unlock your root htaccess file for editing.
    File Open and Write test successful! Your currently active wp-admin htaccess file is writable.

Yes, I’m seeing all of them from my first attempt. From the editing page I edited my current root .htaccess file because I use the plugin Broken Link checker and my own flv player.

I show you my server environments:
    Windows7HP+SP1(x86)
    httpd-2.4.10-win32-VC11.zip from Apache Lounge
    php-5.6.0-Win32-VC11-x86.zip from PHP.net
    mariadb-10.0.13-win32.zip from MariaDB.ORG

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Interesting.  I have never heard of MariaDB before.  “MariaDB is a drop-in replacement for MySQL.”

WordPress Requirements:  http://codex.wordpress.org/Hosting_WordPress#Server_requirements

Server requirements

• WordPress server requirements for Version 3.2+:

MariaDB compatibility with WordPress:  https://mariadb.com/blog/how-install-and-run-wordpress-mariadb
    It appears that MariaDB is compatible with WordPress, but since MariaDB is not listed in the WordPress Server requirements we would not test MariaDB. BPS has been tested on XAMPP, MAMP, LAMP and WAMP and works normally.

Check your database and do a general search for all of the bulletproof_security database options in the WordPress xx_options database table:   LIKE %bulletproof_security% to ensure that all BPS database options are actually being saved correctly.  Then check this specific database option:  bulletproof_security_options_net_correction.  You should see these values:

a:2:{s:17:"bps_net_automagic";s:9:"automagic";s:17:"bps_net_activated";s:9:"activated";}
    o6asan
    Participant

Thanks so much, I’ve resolved the problem.

When I did “LIKE %bulletproof_security%”, I found I didn’t have bulletproof_security_options_net_correction. I checked my WordPress xx_options table structure. Its option_id lost an extra field option AUTO_INCREMENT. I gave it to the option_id and did the steps again. The Notice has gone away.

I think this AUTO_INCREMENT trouble is maybe caused by phpMyAdmin bug that I read several days ago. I re-imported some tables by such phpMyAdmin version about 20 days ago.

My web server is at my own house and has unique environments because I’m an early adopter. MariaDB is not bad. Interesting?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Great!  And yep it does sound like a possible bug or maybe a conversion issue with MariaDB.

Yes, MariaDB does look interesting.  At some point I will play around with it, but since MySQL is the dominant DB app out there then you know how that goes – other apps that use DB’s will design/create using MySQL as the standard – sucks being the underdog, but you got to start somewhere.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.