error_log – error log file being quarantined

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro error_log – error log file being quarantined

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    djchambers
    Participant

[Topic has been merged into this relevant Topic]

Hello,

I am using BSP version 10.7 (recently updated through WordPress backend) Starting last night quarantine alerts starting pouring in showing the following paths:
    /home/archersp/public_html/wp-admin/error_log
    /home/archersp/public_html/error_log

The log itself reads:

[07-Aug-2015 11:19:14 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/imagick.so' - libMagickWand.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
    [07-Aug-2015 11:19:43 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/imagick.so' - libMagickWand.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
    [07-Aug-2015 11:19:43 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/imagick.so' - libMagickWand.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
    [07-Aug-2015 11:19:45 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/imagick.so' - libMagickWand.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
    [07-Aug-2015 11:20:21 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/imagick.so' - libMagickWand.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

I contacted my web host and they said:
    “This is a bug within the current version of PHP that we run. The total disk usage by these log entries is very small and does not cause any site compatibility issues — the log itself may be deleted to clear the errors. ”

Is there a way to turn these off in quarantine so I am not getting a constant influx of alerts?

Thanks you for any insights/help you can provide.
    Regards, -DJ

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

UPDATE:  Click this link:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/v9-2-error/page/3/#post-26297 for the steps to exclude error_log files from being checked by AutoRestore|Quarantine and repeatedly quarantined.

@ djchambers – You can create an AutoRestore single file exclude rule for each of these default server error_log files so that AutoRestore will not check these files – see the video tutorial link below.  Since these files do not have a file extension (.xxx) then you may have to do an additional step of manually copying these files to the corresponding AutoRestore backup folder – see below.

Manually copy the /home/archersp/public_html/wp-admin/error_log file to this AutoRestore backup folder: /wp-content/bps-backup/autorestore/wp-admin/error_log.  Manually copy the /home/archersp/public_html/error_log file to this AutoRestore backup folder:  /wp-content/bps-backup/autorestore/root-files/error_log.

How to exclude files or folders from being checked by ARQ
    http://forum.ait-pro.com/video-tutorials/#autorestore-quarantine

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-guide-read-me-first/

Exception:  Handling Files With No File Extensions – If you have files that are not named with a file extension then in some cases these files will not be backed up using the Backup Files buttons (in most cases files without file extensions will be backed up by clicking the ARQ Backup Files buttons).  If these files are dynamically updated and are being quarantined on a regular basis and you want to exclude them from being checked by the ARQ Cron then you will need to manually copy the files to the relative autorestore backup folder path.  Example:  A Root file named “no-file-extension” would need to be manually copied to the relative backup folder path of /wp-content/bps-backup/autorestore/root-files/no-file-extension.  You can then use the Add / Exclude Static Files tool to exclude this file from being checked by ARQ.  See the example below for excluding an individual file from being checked by ARQ.

Chris Moon
    Participant

I’m seeing a spate quarantined “public_html/wp-content/error_logs” recently popping up on my sites. Is the only way to correct these errors creating an exclude rule and if so how do I do that when the file has no extension?

regards,
    Chris

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

UPDATE:  Click this link:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/v9-2-error/page/3/#post-26297 for the steps to exclude error_log files from being checked by AutoRestore|Quarantine and repeatedly quarantined.

@ Chris Moon – see this reply link in this same forum topic: [link removed]

Chris Moon
    Participant

Thanks and my apologies I remember the thread but couldn’t find it again.

regards,
    Chris

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Chris Moon – Hints:  You can check the “Show Topics & Replies” Search Filter checkbox and do a search for text within Topics and Replies like search string/term:  error_log.  You can check your own personal Activity page in your Profile by clicking your username/User Account URL.  There is an “error_log” Tag link under Topic Tags, which you can click to see all Topics with the “error_log” Tag in them.

Chris Moon
    Participant

Great thanks a lot for the info

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Several things have changed in BPS Pro since this forum topic was originally created.  These steps below are the current steps to exclude generic default error_log files in the website root folder and the wp-admin folder from being checked by ARQ and repeatedly quarantined. If you only have a website root folder error_log file or a wp-admin error_log file being quarantined then just do the steps for either file. If both of these files are being quarantined then do all of these steps below.

1. Go to the AutoRestore page and turn Off AutoRestore.
    2. Use FTP and go to the BPS Pro quarantine folder located here: /wp-content/bps-backup/quarantine/
    3. Copy this root error_log file: /wp-content/bps-backup/quarantine/root-files/error_log to this autorestore folder: /wp-content/bps-backup/autorestore/root-files/
    4. Copy this wp-admin error_log file: /wp-content/bps-backup/quarantine/wp-admin/error_log to this autorestore folder: /wp-content/bps-backup/autorestore/wp-admin/
    5. Go to the Quarantine page and copy the error_log file paths for the root error_log file and the wp-admin error_log file that you see in Quarantine to a text file on your computer for reference to use later in these steps. Note: If you already restored the error_log files then check the Quarantine Log for the file paths for these error_log files.
    6. Restore the error_log files in Quarantine.
    7. Go to AutoRestore and use the Single File Exclude Form tool to create a single file exclude rule for each of the error_log files. Use the file paths that you saved to the text file on your computer in step #5 for the single file exclude rule path.
    8. Turn AutoRestore back on.

Video Tutorial For How to exclude files or folders from being checked by ARQ
    http://forum.ait-pro.com/video-tutorials/#autorestore-quarantine

armintz
    Participant

do these same steps apply if a theme error log is being quarantined?

for example: /wp-content/themes/Avada/php_errorlog

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ armintz – Yep, any file that is dynamically automatically updated would need to have an AutoRestore exclude rule created so that each time that file is automatically updated again it will not be quarantined again.

AutoRestore|Quarantine steps for creating wp-content folder and single file exclude rules
    http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-guide-read-me-first/#autorestore-exclude-rules

AbZu2
    Participant

Getting an endless stream of quarantine alerts, resetting last modified time does not stop the alerts:

[wp-admin File AutoRestore Logged: 19/10/2016 22:30]
    Quarantined Filename: error_log
    Quarantine Path: /home3/abzutwoc/public_html/wp-content/bps-backup/quarantine/wp-admin/error_log
    Restore Path: /home3/abzutwoc/public_html/wp-admin/error_log
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ AbZu – Yep, any file that is dynamically automatically updated would need to have an AutoRestore exclude rule created so that each time that file is automatically updated again it will not be quarantined again.  See the link below.

AutoRestore|Quarantine steps for creating wp-content folder and single file exclude rules
    http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-guide-read-me-first/#autorestore-exclude-rules

AbZu2
    Participant

OK. Worked. Thanks again.

Dawn Marie Hurt
    Participant

I haven’t been able to use this program on my Justhost sites because of endless quarantine logs emailed nonstop.
    They all say the same thing for each site.
    Quarantine Path: /home2/xxx/public_html/xxx.org/wp-content/bps-backup/quarantine/root-files/error_log
    Restore Path: /home2/xxx/public_html/xxx.org/error_log
    all sites same thing, which makes it seem like a Justhost issue.
    I can’t exclude this folder as I have attempted this several times. The only way i can stop it is to turn autorestore off.
    Any help would be appreciated, in over my head here . . .

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Dawn Marie Hurt – Do the steps below to create an AutoRestore single file exclude rule for the server’s default error_log file so that ARQ will no longer check and quarantine the error_log file.

Issue|Problem:
    • Files are being repeatedly quarantined. For this example I will use the error_log file.

Solution:
    Do these steps below to create an AutoRestore single file exclude rule for /xxxxx/public_html/error_log file. Note: This example is using the error_log file path for this example. If the file and file path that is being quarantined is a different filename and file path then use that filename and file path for your AutoRestore single file exclude rule.

1. Go to the AutoRestore page and turn Off AutoRestore.
    2. Go to the Quarantine page and restore the error_log file that was quarantined.
    3. Go back to AutoRestore > click on the Add|Exclude Other Folders & Files tab page > under the Exclude Folders & Files form > select Exclude an Individual File > Enter an Exclude Folder or File Path: /xxxxx/public_html/error_log
    4. Click the Exclude button.
    5. Turn AutoRestore back on.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.