WP Super Cache – WP Super Cache htaccess code, Custom Code

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free WP Super Cache – WP Super Cache htaccess code, Custom Code

Viewing 8 posts - 76 through 83 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    Modern Novel
    Participant

[Topic has been merged into this relevant Topic]
    On my dashboard, I get the following error:

WP Super Cache is deactivated and WPSC htaccess code – # BEGIN WPSuperCache # END WPSuperCache – was found in your root htaccess file.
    If this is just temporary then this warning message will go away when you reactivate WPSC. You will need to set up and reconfigure WPSC again when you reactivate WPSC. Your Root htaccess file must be temporarily unlocked if you are planning on uninstalling WPSC. The WPSC htaccess code will be automatically removed from your root htaccess file when you uninstall WPSC. If you added a commented out line of code in anywhere in your root htaccess file – # WPSuperCache – then delete it and refresh your browser. If you added WPSC code to BPS Custom Code then delete it if you are removing WPSC permanently.

I do not have nor have I ever had WPSuperCache and nor does my root htaccess contain any reference to WPSuperCache.  How do I get rid of this message?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Modern Novel – Go to the BPS Custom Code tab page > Click the Root htaccess Custom Code accordion tab > Look for “# BEGIN WPSuperCache” in probably the top Custom Code text box > delete that text > save your changes and activate Root Folder BulletProof Mode again.

Stephen
    Participant

[Topic has been merged into this relevant Topic]
    Hi,

I have wp super cache installed but I would like to unistall it. I have unlocked my htaccess file so that I can remove custom code.When I deactivate and delete Wp Super Cache i get the standard BPS message below. I then remove the # WPSuperCache from the CUSTOM CODE TOP PHP/PHP.INI HANDLER/CACHE CODE text box in the root htaccess file custom code editor and press the save button. When i refresh the browser the above warning does not disapear.

WP Super Cache is deactivated and WPSC htaccess code – # BEGIN WPSuperCache # END WPSuperCache – was found in your root htaccess file.
    If this is just temporary then this warning message will go away when you reactivate WPSC. You will need to set up and reconfigure WPSC again when you reactivate WPSC. Your Root htaccess file must be temporarily unlocked if you are planning on uninstalling WPSC. The WPSC htaccess code will be automatically removed from your root htaccess file when you uninstall WPSC. If you added a commented out line of code in anywhere in your root htaccess file – # WPSuperCache – then delete it and refresh your browser. If you added WPSC code to BPS Custom Code then delete it if you are removing WPSC permanently.

I then checked the Current root htaccess file in the file editor and # WPSuperCache is still under CUSTOM CODE TOP PHP/PHP.INI HANDLER/CACHE CODE. If i try to delete it manually and select update file I get the following error

403 forbidden page
    if you arrived here due to a search or clicking a link clock on your browser back button to return to the previous page  ”
    Any suggestion would be great. Thanks

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Stephen – You just need to complete all of the Custom Code steps:  Go to the BPS Custom Code tab page > Click the Root htaccess Custom Code accordion tab > Look for “# BEGIN WPSuperCache” in probably the top Custom Code text box > delete that text > save your changes and activate Root Folder BulletProof Mode again.

Stephen
    Participant

@AITProAdmin I’ve checked the “Custom Code tab page > Click the Root htaccess Custom Code accordion” the field is empty.

When I checked the htaccess file editor tab > Click the Your Current Root Access htaccess  accordion. The first couple of lines are as follows:

#   BULLETPROOF .54.1 >>>>>>> SECURE .HTACCESS     

# CUSTOM CODE TOP PHP/PHP.INI HANDLER/CACHE CODE
     # WPSuperCache

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxQcmm4at-jqQlZvUHl1NjhoSFk
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxQcmm4at-jqN3ZKNWZmZFR4NDg

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Stephen – Click the Root Folder BulletProof Mode Activate button and then check the htaccess File Editor > Your Current Root htaccess File tab again.  Let me know if you still see the WPSuperCache code in your Root htaccess file.  Also the most current of BPS free is .54.4.  So you should upgrade BPS.

Stephen
    Participant

@ AITpro Admin That worked perfectly. Thanks for your help.

Regarding the update version v54.4, its not showing up on the installed plugins page as an update?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Stephen – Deactivate all of your other plugins and then check the Plugins page again. You may need to click the Plugins page several times.  If you have any plugins installed that make API connections then they could be interfering with the WordPress API.  Or something could be blocking the WordPress API – wp-config.php code or a firewall or something else.

Viewing 8 posts - 76 through 83 (of 83 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.