Can BulletProof Security Pro protect a Joomla website?

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Can BulletProof Security Pro protect a Joomla website?

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Email Question:

Hi there,

I have no idea if you would be able to help with this but I am having some kind of malware redirect on another site I administrate for, thing is its a Joomla 1.5 site, so would BPS Pro work on that?

[website domain name removed for privacy] – Do you have any recommendations how to fix it? Ive downloaded and installed RS Firewall but that doesnt seem to be doing anything. Anything you recommend?

Would appreciate any advice. Ive emaild RSFirewall but you seem to be a good security expert so thought I may ask you as well!

Thank you x

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

BulletProof Security Pro is specifically designed to be installed on ONLY WordPress, but it is possible to protect a Joomla website with AutoRestore/Quarantine if you have a WordPress website installed under the same Hosting account.

If you do not have a WordPress site installed under the same Hosting Account as the Joomla site then you can install a WordPress site under that Hosting Account and then configure AutoRestore/Quarantine to monitor and protect the Joomla website’s files.  Note:  You also would want to protect the Core WordPress files for that WordPress site you install and also setup the Plugin Firewall to protect that WordPress site.

On the WordPress site you would go to the AutoRestore page and click on the Add/Exclude Static Files tab page.  You would use the Add Folders & Files tool and choose the correct option:  

Add Folders & Files:
    For non-WordPress Folders & Files (ONLY)

Add Folders & Files Use:
    You can add additional non-WordPress folders and files (ONLY) that you want to have checked and protected by the ARQ Infinity Cron. Click the Read Me help button for examples.

Regarding hack cleanup or website restore services we do not offer any of these services.  Either restore the website from a good/clean backup or back it up and do a clean installation if you do not have a good/clean backup.  After you have a good/clean site then you would import your database data back into the database.  I am not a Joomla expert and only know the basics about Joomla so I cannot really offer you anymore advice then this.

tam103

Great, thanks for the speedy reply!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.