No BPS Pro Activation Key – Wordfence blocks Activation Key Request

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro No BPS Pro Activation Key – Wordfence blocks Activation Key Request

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Krzysztof
    Participant

Hello, I’m trying to activate BPS PRO but the key hasn’t arrived on my mail. What to do?   The mail address is m.lukaszewska.kuska(at)gmail.com

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I do not see any Activation Key requests made to the AITpro API Server using your Download Key.

Common causes for this problem:
    Another WordPress plugin is blocking Activation Key requests to the AITpro API Server.
    Your Web Host is blocking the AITpro API Server IP Address.
    DNSSEC is not configured correctly for your domain (if you are using DNSSEC).

General Troubleshooting steps:
    Please check your Spam or Junk email folders first before to see if the Activation Key email was flagged as Spam or Junk.

Please post the names of any WordPress Security plugins that you are using and/or plugins that could possibly be blocking the Activation Key request.
    Check with your web host and ask them if they are blocking the AITpro API Server IP address:  173.201.92.1
    If you are using DNSSEC then use this DNSSEC Debugger tool to analyze your domain:  http://dnssec-debugger.verisignlabs.com/

I will be emailing you a connectivity troubleshooting script that checks for connectivity problems to the AITpro API Server.

Krzysztof
    Participant

It was Wordfence but now while configurimg BPS Pro when I started the firewall test a new browser window pooped out with 403 error. Refreshing didn’t help but I found that that the plugin “no more frames” is making trouble with testing. It took a while becouse I do not have any minify plugins. Maybe this will be usefull for someone. Than I ahve a problem like this: In one of the previous steps as done with the video tutorial I was unable to set up this:
    Error Log Path Seen by Server:
    There was nothing ther so I pasted the pat from ini_set PHP Error Log Location (Recommended): .

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep, that is a known issue that Wordfence blocks standard WordPress API code/functions such as wp_remote_get and wp_remote_post.

I will look at the No More Frames plugin even though it is very old and has not been updated in 2 years.  I can probably add some sort of check/alert that iframes are being blocked.

Yep, I was hoping that by adding the Plugin Firewall Test Mode it would speed up getting plugin scripts that need to be whitelisted, but it is not working as well as hoped to speed that process up.  I have personally found that it is quicker to use a Proxy or VPN security software and check your site with another IP Address, which will generate errors for plugin scripts that need to be whitelisted in the BPS Security Log.  Then just grab all of those plugin script paths out of the Security Log and add them to the Whitelist Text Area.  

The problem with trying to automate getting plugin scripts to whitelist is that websites are so different.  For example if I create an automated script that “walks through” the website pages/posts then what pages/posts do I tell the automated script to “walk through” since no two websites are going to have the same naming conventions, URLs, plugins, etc, etc etc.  sigh.

Regarding the ini_set Options/php error log path issue:  If you have a non-English version of WordPress then see this Forum Topic:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/php-error-log-path-does-not-match-ini_set-options-wordpress-language-versions/

I will be adding an additional check that will alert folks that ini_set Options will not work correctly until X is done.  X will of course have the complete answer when that new check is added to ini_set Options.

Krzysztof
    Participant

I will have a look at the solutions provided. I have also activated uploads htaccess but got something like this:

Warning: copy(/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/infolotnicze.pl/public_html/wp-content/bps-backup/autorestore/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/htaccess/uploads.htaccess) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/infolotnicze.pl/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/options.php on line 336

BulletProof Security Uploads Folder Protection Activated. Your /uploads folder is now protected with BulletProof Security.

Should I worry about it? I have followed the solutions provided here: http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/php-error-log-path-does-not-match-ini_set-options-wordpress-language-versions/   This is the piece of the file I was suposed to change copied from my server:

define('WPLANG', 'pl_PL');
    /*** Dla programistów: tryb debugowania WordPressa.** Zmień wartość tej stałej na true, aby włączyć wyświetlanie ostrzeżeń* podczas modyfikowania kodu WordPressa.* Wielce zalecane jest, aby twórcy wtyczek oraz motywów używali* WP_DEBUG w miejscach pracy nad nimi.*/
    define('WP_DEBUG', false);
    /* That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

It looks ok – But still I can not see the path. Any hints what to do?

Diagnostic check:

PHP Version: 5.2.17
    PHP/php.ini Handler: A PHP/php.ini Handler was Not found in your Root .htaccess file.
    Configuration File (php.ini) Path: /usr/local/etc/php5/cgi 
    Loaded Configuration File: /usr/local/etc/php5/cgi/php.ini
    php.ini, php5.ini & .user.ini File Search Results: (Displays the file paths below if files were found)
    disable_functions: The ini_set function is Not Disabled
    Error Log Path Seen by Server:
    PHP Error Log Location Set To:
    ini_set PHP Error Log Location Set To: /xxxxxxxx/infolotnicze.pl/public_html/wp-content/bps-backup/logs/bps_php_error.log
    Website Root Folder: https: //www.infolotnicze.pl
    WP ABSPATH: /xxxxxxxx/infolotnicze.pl/public_html/
    Host by Address: vz13304.dahost.pl
    DNS Name Server:
    Server Type: Apache/2
    Operating System: Linux
    Server API: cgi-fcgi - Your Host Server is using CGI.
    Zend Engine Version: 2.2.0
    Zend Optimizer: Zend Optimizer Extension is Loaded
    FastCGI: Unable to detect whether FastCGI is in use. Check your web host control panel to see if FastCGI is in use.

And also I can not get rid of this: Your Current Root htaccess file is NOT backed up yetYour Current wp-admin htaccess file is NOT backed up yet

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

For the copy error check that the actual folder exists and file exists and that the folder permissions are not set too restrictive.  They should be 755 folder permssions.  If the file and folder exists and the permissions are ok then it was just a Server hiccup and you can ignore that error.

Nope your Server still does not see the path to your php error log – Error Log Path Seen by Server: is blank and should have the path here .  You need to click the 2 ini_set Options buttons again to have the ini_set Options code written to/created in your wp-config.php file.

The backup problem may be related to the first error.  Check that the /bps-backup folder exists and the folder permissions are not set too restrictive.

Krzysztof
    Participant

I did it and still nothing 🙁

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Is your wp-config.php file in your website root folder or have you moved it somewhere else?

Krzysztof
    Participant

Now when I try to remove a plugin I get:

Fatal error: Class 'HMBKP_Services' not found in /home/admin/domains/infolotnicze.pl/public_html/wp-content/plugins/backupwordpress/classes/schedule.php on line 671
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Do you have AutoRestore turned On?  If so, you need to turn Off AutoRestore if you are modifying files or you can tell AutoRestore not to check the plugins folder.  Were files sent to Quarantine?

Krzysztof
    Participant

It was on. I gave it a shot with off bit still nothing. The plugins folder is exclded as in the video tutorial.
    I also often get something like this:
    Your wp-config.php File is not Locked Click Here To Lock your wp-config.php file.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok at this point I need to login to your website and see what is going on.  Most likely Wordfence is blocking other things in BPS Pro.  😉  Please create a temporary WordPress Admin login account and send it to edward at ait-pro dot com.  Please create a secure password.  Thanks.

Krzysztof
    Participant

Edward I was so desperate that I removed BPS Pro. The funny thing is that I still can not remove the plugin. I have created a topis on wordpress about it http://wordpress.org/support/topic/ftal-error-schedulephp-on-line-671?replies=1   I will try to do everything with BPS Pro when someone will help me with this plugin and then I will try to turn off Wordfence off completely and tinker BPS Pro then.
    Edit:
    I have manually deleted this plugin. Will tr wit BPS Pro first thing in the morning 😉 Now time to sleep – 5 hours with BPS Pro is a bit long 😉

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok well if you want me to do the BPS Pro installation and setup at another time then just send me a temporary Admin login at that time.  Like for example when everyone is asleep in PL.  😉  It’s 12:15 AM over there right now correct?

Regarding the backupwordpress plugin you could try to upload all the plugin files again or maybe just restore your website back to when everything was working fine.

Krzysztof
    Participant

I was using BackWpUP but it alos stopped to work. I have to think something up. Maybe my host support wil help me with this.
    Yes – in Poland it’s 12.25AM and my wife is pissed on me for spending the saturday in front of my PC 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.