Can BulletProof Security Pro Protect Other Website Types, HTML or other PHP websites?

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Can BulletProof Security Pro Protect Other Website Types, HTML or other PHP websites?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Email Question:

dear company, please advise me if BulletProof Security Pro can be used for other types of opensource or static websites (not wordpress) or if you have something for this

I use Cpanel

thank you!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Here are some scenarios that we currently use to protect other non-WordPress sites with BulletProof Security Pro.

WebsiteA.com is an HTML site and it located in the /WebsiteA folder.

BulletProof Security Pro HTML .htaccess files are uploaded to the /WebsiteA folder to protect the WebsiteA.com HTML website.

BulletProof Security HTML .htaccess files can be found here:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/bps-html-htaccess-file-for-html-websites-or-subfolders/

An installation of WordPress is installed in a folder called /Security that is used to monitor and protect WebsiteA.com with AutoRestore/Quarantine File Monitoring protection.  This is done by using the AutoRestore Add tools that allow you to specify any folders under your entire Hosting Account that you would like to monitor for any website file changes, modifications or if a file is uploaded to the website that should not be.  The WordPress installation in the /Security folder serves one primary purpose – it is the Security Center for all non-WordPress websites under that Hosting Account.

Basically what is achieved/accomplished by doing this method for non-WordPress websites allows WordPress to act as the foundation/platform for BulletProof Security Pro to be used in a Stand-Alone way to protect other non-WordPress websites under a Hosting Account.

Jonathan
    Participant

I am looking seriously at using BPS to improve security with the websites under my care. Several of these are non-WordPress sites. I read the information above, but I wonder if you have a more detailed installation and maintenance guide for these cases. Thank you, Jonathan.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

If you have other sites that are PHP based sites, such as Joomla, then you can use AutoRestore/Quarantine to protect them.  See this Forum topic link below.  BulletProof Security Pro is designed to be installed on WordPress only, but you can use ARQ to protect other site types.  For HTML sites you can also use ARQ to monitor those html files, but that is typically not necessary and using an HTML version of BPS Pro htaccess files adds sufficient protection for HTML sites.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/can-bulletproof-security-pro-protect-a-joomla-website/

Jonathan
    Participant

Thank you for your very speedy response! Would you kindly point me to information concerning the HTML version of BPS Pro? I have been unable to find any such information using the search query.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

BulletProof Security HTML .htaccess files can be found here:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/bps-html-htaccess-file-for-html-websites-or-subfolders/

You would actually “roll your own” based on the .htaccess files found in the link above – either for index.html or index.htm based HTML sites.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.