BPS Pro Read Me First – General Troubleshooting

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro BPS Pro Read Me First – General Troubleshooting

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

This Forum is for Posting BulletProof Security Pro Questions & Comments.  If your Question or Comment is regarding BulletProof Security Free then please post in the BulletProof Security Free Forum.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by AITpro Admin.
    Paul
    Participant

I have had a message never seen before

WARNING! BPS has detected that Safe Mode is set to On in your php.ini file.
    If you see errors that BPS was unable to automatically create the backup folders this is probably the reason why.
    Not sure why?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster
    Living Miracles
    Participant

I came across the Additional (Automated) BulletProof Modes ~ Manual Controls (B-Core > Security Modes> htaccess File Security Modes) and noticed these two notes:

“Your BPS Master htaccess folder should already be automatically protected by BPS Pro, but if it is not then activate BulletProof Mode for your BPS Master htaccess folder.”

“Your BPS Backup folder should already be automatically protected by BPS Pro, but if it is not then activate BulletProof Mode for your BPS Backup folder. ”

How do I know if both of these folders are already protected by BPS Pro?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

On the Security Status page you should see this below.  BPS will alert you if something needs your attention.

√ Deny All protection activated for BPS Master /htaccess folder
    √ Deny All protection activated for /wp-content/bps-backup folder

oklagonian
    Participant

I had a website with BPS installed and I lost most of WordPress while trying to upgrade and BPS fell of my plugin list. I am trying to reinstall but cant seem to activate / re-activate as it will not accept activation code…….I went thru the steps and I just receive the same activation code that I already have……any help appreciated.

Richard Harding
    Participant

I have BPS PRO v12.6.1. I receive the message “Update Failed: Plugin update failed.” when attempting to upgrade through WP Plugins page.

What do I need to do?

Thank you

Richard

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Richard Harding – Upgrade to BPS Pro 12.8 first.  The WP-Cron Control plugin causes that BPS Pro plugin update error and there may be other plugins that do that as well.  Try deactivating all of your other plugins and then update/upgrade BPS Pro.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.