Password Protecting a Page

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free Password Protecting a Page

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Bruce Alfred
    Participant

Can you please tell me how to password protect a single page using BPS. I assume I’d put code similar to the following somewhere in BPS Security Root htaccess custom code. What do I need to put in to identify the page I actually want to password protect? Also, does it matter to BPS where I put the htpasswd file? As you can see, I am new to this, so I’d greatly appreciate your help.

AuthType Basic
    AuthName "Password Protected Area"
    AuthUserFile /path/to/.htpasswd
    Require valid-user

Thanks very much,
    Bruce

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Directory Password Protection or BasicAuth is designed to protect directories/folders.  You can protect all files in a particular directory that is password protected, but you cannot protect a single file with BasicAuth.  Maybe what you are really looking for is how to protect individual pages and posts with passwords in WordPress.  This feature is already built into WordPress.  Go to any Post that you have created and click on the Visibility Public Edit link under the Publish Meta box on the right hand side of the WordPress Edit Post page.  WordPress Pages also have this.

Bruce Alfred
    Participant

Thanks very much for getting back to me so quickly, and for guessing what I really needed. Yep, all I needed to do was password protect the single page with the feature built in to WordPress. Thank you very much for bringing that to my attention.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.