Pre-Installation Wizard Checks – PHP/php.ini handler htaccess code check

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Pre-Installation Wizard Checks – PHP/php.ini handler htaccess code check

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

New installations of BPS Pro:  The BPS Pro Pre-Installation Wizard checks for existing PHP/php.ini handler .htaccess code in your root .htaccess file and also checks if the PHP/php.ini handler .htaccess code has already been added to BPS Pro Custom Code.  Your PHP/php.ini handler .htaccess code needs to be added to BPS Pro Custom Code before running the Setup Wizard.

Existing installations of BPS Pro:  An Admin Dashboard Alert is displayed if PHP/php.ini handler .htaccess code is found in your root .htaccess file, but is not found in BPS Pro Custom Code.  Do steps 1 and 2 ONLY below.

NOTE:  This help post is for BPS Pro 7.0 and higher versions.  BPS Pro 6.5 and below versions do not do this check.

To add your PHP/php.ini handler .htaccess code from your root .htaccess file to BPS Pro Custom Code do these steps below before running the Setup Wizard.  Your root .htaccess file / code can be found here:  Click the htaccess File Editor menu link or B-Core menu link >>> click the Your Current Root htaccess File tab.  BPS Custom Code can be found here:  B-Core menu link or Custom Code menu link >>> Custom Code tab >>> Root htaccess File Custom Code accordion tab.  The htaccess File Editor tab and Custom Code tab are located next to each other in B-Core.

1.  Copy your PHP/php.ini handler .htaccess code from your root .htaccess file to this BPS Pro Custom Code text box:  CUSTOM CODE TOP PHP/PHP.INI HANDLER/CACHE CODE: Add php.ini handler and/or plugin cache code here

2.  Click the Save Root Custom Code button.

3.  Click the Run Pre-Installation Wizard Checks button again. You should now see this Green Check message:  Pass! PHP/php.ini handler htaccess code was found in your root .htaccess file AND in BPS Pro Custom Code

4.  You can now run the Setup Wizard. The PHP/php.ini handler .htaccess code that you added to BPS Pro Custom Code will now be automatically created in your root .htaccess file when you run the Setup Wizard.  Also by adding your php.ini handler code to BPS Pro Custom Code it is saved permanently.

General Examples of PHP/php.ini handler .htaccess code that you may see in your root .htaccess file

Your PHP/php.ini handler .htaccess code may not look exactly the same as the examples below, but it will look very similar to these general examples of PHP/php.ini handler .htaccess code.

# GO DADDY PHPINI CODE
    AddHandler x-httpd-php5-cgi .php
    AddHandler x-httpd-php5-cgi .php5

# BLUEHOST HOSTMONSTER FASTDOMAIN PHPINI CODE
    AddHandler application/x-httpd-php5s .php

# JUSTHOST PHPINI CODE
    SetEnv PHPRC /path to file/

# COMPITENT PHPINI CODE
    SetEnv PHPRC /path to file/php.ini

# HOSTGATOR PHPINI CODE
    <IfModule mod_suphp.c>
    suPHP_ConfigPath /path to file/php.ini
    </IfModule>

# SERVINT PHPINI CODE
    suPHP_ConfigPath /path to file/

# IX PHPINI CODE
    AddHandler phpini-cgi .php .htm
    Action phpini-cgi /cgi-bin/php5-custom-ini.cgi

# PAIR PHPINI CODE
    Action application/x-pair-sphp5 /cgi-sys/php-cgiwrap/userAccountNam/php5.cgi
    AddType application/x-pair-sphp5 .php

# WIREDTREE PHPINI CODE

# CANADIAN PHPINI CODE

# INMOTION PHPINI CODE

# UBERGLOBAL PHPINI CODE

# JUMBA AND AUSSIEHQ PHPINI CODE

# WESTHOST PHPINI CODE
    Condor
    Participant

Where is the CUSTOM CODE TOP PHP/PHP.INI HANDLER/CACHE CODE: I can do step one but cannot find custom code top php box to paste it into see screenshot. Any suggestions? I went ahead and ran the setup steps again not sure if it is there or not nothing in red or blue.

https://nimb.ws/nwulzY

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Is this a who is buried in Grant’s tomb question?  Your screenshot shows the 1. CUSTOM CODE TOP PHP/PHP.INI HANDLER/CACHE CODE.  So paste the php.ini htaccess code above the LiteSpeed Cache htaccess code.  Not being sarcastic and if your day went anything like mine then you may be totally stressed out or frazzled like me.  Second guessing my move to go back into the Corporate world.  Not that I don’t have balls of steel, but it’s a long game so duration is always tough. ie burn yourself out or get the hell out.

Condor
    Participant

Me thinks I should start drinking again, wow when you put it like that I had new eyes. I looked at that as the code to paste and then scrolled down looking for the box to paste it in 🙂 THANKS!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.