Request to have host added to the custom php.ini Web Host List

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Request to have host added to the custom php.ini Web Host List

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Email Question:

Hi Edward,

This is David xxxxx, one of your clients with upgraded BPS.

May I please recommend my host named D9 Hosting for inclusion among the listed webhosts? Based in the UK, it has servers in the USA. It’s the type of host that provides C-Panel. I have a shared hosting account there.

I am currently setting up BPS on my first two blogs, but have not yet been able to create the custom php.ini file. There’s at least one hacker link appearing when I work through the BPS instructions, but I hope to give it a black eye asap.

With my best regards and most grateful thanks for everything,

David

Answer:

Hello David,

Please send/email these custom php.ini questions below in an email to your Web Host Support folks and post their answers to these questions in your reply post.

Hello,

I would like to add a custom php.ini file for my website and have these questions:  

1.  What folder would I put my custom php.ini file in?  In the Document Root folder for my website?
    2.  Would I be adding a single sitewide custom php.ini file or would I need to add multiple custom php.ini files per directory / folder?
    3.  Do I need to add php/php.ini handler code in my root .htaccess file?  Example:  suPHP_ConfigPath /home/xxxxxx/public_html/php.ini
    4.  Will my new custom php.ini file ONLY have the php.ini directives in it that I want to add/change the settings for or do I need to copy the entire Server Default php.ini file to the folder location that you specify above and then edit my directive settings in the new custom php.ini file that I create? 

Note From Developer:
      There is a known ongoing problem with using PHP5.3.x and WordPress.  This is the problem – PHP5.3.x uses .user.ini files instead of php.ini files, but .user.ini files will only work if your Server is using FastCGI.  Using FastCGI with WordPress will cause intermittent 500 Internal Server Errors due to a known ouput buffering problem.  For more information see this post – http://www.ait-pro.com/aitpro-blog/4349/misc-projects/wordpress-tips-tricks-fixes/php5-3-x-php5-4-x-user-ini-file-does-not-work-known-php5-3-x-user-ini-fastcgi-wordpress-zend-issue/

Thank you

Thanks very much Ed! A most useful set of questions 🙂
    I would never have known what to ask…
    Below is the information I got from Support at D9 Hosting
    Hi David,Thank you for issuing the support ticket.You can add the php.ini file to the Document Root folder and specify the path in the Document root .htaccess file as suPHP_ConfigPath /home/xxxxxx/public_html/php.iniIf you have any further questions please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.Kind Regards,RanjithD9 Hosting Technical Support
    It looks very clear and straightforward.
    I’ll go back and follow these guidelines.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok well the only thing they did not make 100% clear from their answers is if your your custom php.ini type is going to be an SA or CT type.  I am going to go with SA since this is the more common type of custom php.ini type.  Also you always have to prepare for the possibility that the person who answered the questions does not really know the answers so be prepared to delete your custom php.ini file if your site has problems or BPS Pro displays warning alerts.  😉

Follow the custom php.ini setup steps for Arvixe Hosting here since your Host’s custom php.ini file setup is the same >>> http://www.ait-pro.com/aitpro-blog/2853/bulletproof-security-pro/php-ini-general-and-host-specific-php-ini-information-for-bps-pro/#arvixe-host

And of course you would want to add your actual path info for the php/php.ini handler – suPHP_ConfigPath /home/xxxxxx/public_html/php.ini You will find your path information on the BPS Pro System Info page.

And also the setup steps have the old php error log path so the new php error log path you would want to use is –  /home/xxxxx/wp-content/bps-backup/logs/bps_php_error.log

Thanks again Ed.  I also noticed the non-information on SA or CT.
    But finally everything got quite beyond me – going round in circles – so I have deleted my two attempts at at blogs, using the remove tool in Softaculous. It worked perfectly – much better than Fantastico.
    I would like to try again sometime, but I have become very pessimistic about WP.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I am not a big fan of using automated WordPress installers and prefer to do WordPress installations manually using these steps below.

1.  Create a new Database using phpMyAdmin.  This is just a blank/empty Database without any Tables in it.
    2.  Download the wordpress.zip file.
    3.  Unzip the zip file on your computer and upload all WordPress folders and files to the new website folder.
    4.  Edit the wp-config.php file for the site and enter your Database connection information for the blank Database created in step 1.
    5.  Using a Browser – Enter this link in the URL Address Bar: http://example.com/blog/wp-admin/install.php – to start the WordPress Famous 5 Minute Install.

WordPress Famous 5 Minute Install:  http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress#Famous_5-Minute_Install

Very interesting, thanks! I have never tried this method.
    Will certainly do so, but I think I should make a close study of the standard WP structure and many other aspects, before I rush in there again. The terminology itself is too cryptic for me, and that’s where I’ll begin  my studies.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.