WordPress Add IP Address To wp-admin File, Move WordPress wp-config.php File

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro WordPress Add IP Address To wp-admin File, Move WordPress wp-config.php File

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Email Question: 

I was thinking to do is following:
    Lock down the WordPress

1. Install and configure BP (done)
    2. Allow only certain ip address to access the WP wp-admin folder (not done yet) is this ok when using BP ??
    3. Move wp-config.php wile outside of the web site root and just use the another file wp-config-php with the reference to actually wp-config.php file   is this og when using BP ???

Do you agree with me or ? I know when I update the WP that wp-config.php will be restored but I can just keep this in mind, make a check list before upgrade… I am p**** of these hackers being messed with our portals and I am willing to pay whatever just to prevent them from hacking.. So please if You have any other “lock down” good suggestions let me know… and I hope that BP does the job…

Thank You
    Best regards
    Amel

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I do not bother with doing any IP address stuff with the wp-admin folder since it is already protected with Login Authentication security protection.

I do not bother with moving the wp-config.php file either since AutoRestore/Quarantine and several other security measures in BPS Pro are protecting the wp-config.php file already.

The only additional thing that I recommend that folks do is to install a Login Protection plugin that protects against Brute Force login password cracking.  This is the plugin I recommend to folks – Theme My Login.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.