Cannot open pdf file on site

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Cannot open pdf file on site

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jonb22
    Participant

Since installing BS Pro I cannot open any new pdf files that I upload to the site. I can still open files from before the install but if I try and put a new file on my pages it will not open and I get the error message:
    Forbidden
    You don’t have permission to access /wpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Lord-Patel-Report_ACC.pdf on this server.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I checked your site and can download this pdf:  /wpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Lord-Patel-Report_ACC.pdf

But am seeing a 403 error when trying to download these 2 pdf’s.

/wpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Engagaing-and-changing.pdf
    /wpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Drug-use-amongst-BME-communities-in-the-EU-and-Norway-2004.pdf

BPS Pro UAEG does not block pdf’s and since one of the pdf’s will open from your /uploads folder, but not the other 2 then UAEG is not causing this problem.  The pdf’s appear to be part of some kind of WooCommerce download feature.  Have you checked the WooCommerce download feature to see if there is something else that needs to be done?  Like allowing downloading of the file?

Check your BPS Pro Security Log and post the log entries related to these 2 pdf files.  The log entry may provide a clue as to where the problem is occurring.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.