BPS plugin disappeared from my site

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro BPS plugin disappeared from my site

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Aaron Taylor
    Participant

I recently noticed that the BPS plugin is not installed anymore. The BPS folder is still in my webcontent for my site but WordPress does not see the plugin on my plugins page. Any reason why this has happened?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Did you get any BPS Pro AutoRestore|Quarantine email alert notifications about files being quarantined?

Aaron Taylor
    Participant

Thanks, but this automated response and these troubleshooting tips don’t help my situation.  no I didn’t get any email about a quarantine that I know of.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok since you don’t know what happened and do not have any clues for me to try and guess what happened then I will need to login to this website to find those clues and figure out what happened.  Create a temporary WordPress Administrator user account for this website and an FTP login to this hosting account and send that login info to:  info at ait-pro dot com.

Aaron Taylor
    Participant

One day the plugin was there. And the next day it wasn’t. I tried to re-install but the folder still exists with the webcontent folder. But I cant access the plugin itself, and it is not listen as being installed anymore.  Are there any known conflicts with running wordfence and BPS together?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The only current Wordfence problems are related to the Wordfence WAF Firewall disaster:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/wordfence-firewall-wp-contentwflogsconfig-php-file-quarantined/  I believe Wordfence has finally fixed that disaster after releasing 5 or 6 plugin updates back to back.

You will need to manually delete the /bulletproof-security/ plugin folder using FTP or your web host control panel file manager in order to be able to reinstall BPS Pro.  WordPress does not allow you to install or re-install a plugin if the plugin folder already exists.  Re-install the BPS Pro zip file using the WordPress Upload zip installer.

Aaron Taylor
    Participant

I was prompted to install the WAF. but I haven’t yet..could this be the problem?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

At this point I believe Worfence has fixed that WAF Firewall disaster.

Aaron Taylor
    Participant

thanks for you help. uninstalling and re-installing worked out. Just not sure why this happened.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Great!  Your guess is as good as mine for what happened.  The only logical thing I could think of was BPS Pro plugin files were quarantined, but maybe something else did this and it has nothing to do with BPS Pro.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.