BPS Pro Plugin Deactivated Security Log entry – Network|Multisite

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro BPS Pro Plugin Deactivated Security Log entry – Network|Multisite

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Living Miracles
    Participant

Hi,

I started experiencing 2 issues recently on my multi-site, i-am-one.net:

1. I’m getting an error:The PHP Error Log Location Set To: folder path does not match the Error Log Path Seen by Server: folder path.
      However, when I try to change the php error log path in either the PHP Error Log > “PHP Error Log Location Set To:” area or the ini_set Options > “ini_set PHP Error Log Location Set To:” area, the path doesn’t get updated. When I save it on the PHP Error Log page, nothing seems to happen, except the page refreshes. When I save it on the ini_set Options page, the path gets saved, but it seems like it’s not recognized somehow. See screenshot.
      The current path seen by BPS Pro is /home/iamonenet/logs/i-am-one_net.php.error.log, even after I changed it to the recommended path: /home/iamonenet/public_html/wp-content/bps-backup/logs/bps_php_error.log
    2.   The security log keeps logging the same thing over and over:
      [BPS Pro Plugin Deactivated: May 30, 2017 - 8:10 am]
      This Security Log entry is created when the BPS Pro plugin is deactivated. An email alert is also sent to you when the BPS Pro plugin is deactivated.

[BPS Pro Plugin Deactivated: May 30, 2017 - 8:11 am]
      This Security Log entry is created when the BPS Pro plugin is deactivated. An email alert is also sent to you when the BPS Pro plugin is deactivated.

[BPS Pro Plugin Deactivated: May 30, 2017 - 8:12 am]

[BPS Pro Plugin Deactivated: May 30, 2017 - 8:13 am]

[BPS Pro Plugin Deactivated: May 30, 2017 - 8:16 am]

The plugin hasn’t been turned off so I’m not sure why this is being logged.

Let me know what your thoughts are to those issues and if there’s any troubleshooting I can do.

Thank you,
    Jutta

Living Miracles
    Participant

Hi again, you can disregard the first issue 🙂 Got that cleared up!

2nd issue remains.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Is this one of your Go Daddy Managed WordPress hosting websites?  Do you see more than 1 BPS Pro plugin installation on your WordPress Plugins page?  Try this and let me know what happens:  Go to your WordPress Plugins page > click the Must-Use link > click the BPS Pro MU Tools Disable link and then click the Enable link (the link changes based on your last link click action. ie Disable to Enable, Enable to Disable).

Living Miracles
    Participant

Hi, thanks. No, this is not a GoDaddy Managed WordPress site. It’s a multi-site hosted on a GoDaddy managed server. I tried following your steps, however, there’s no “Must-Use” link on the plugins page. See screenshot http://i.imgur.com/u0mTt5S.png.

I checked via FTP and see only one BPS Pro installation in the plugins folder, FYI.

Oops, actually, looks like I was in the wrong area. I just did the disable/enable step on the BPS Pro MU Tools. The entries appear to be continuing to be added to the Security Log however.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

What type of Network|Multisite is this?  Subdirectory or Subdomain?  What I suspect might be happening is that since the BPS Pro MU Tools must-use plugin loads in all sites then my guess would be that the log entries are being logged because 1 or more of the subsites do not see the BPS Pro plugin as activated.  The BPS Pro MU Tools must-use plugin code does not contain a condition to limit checks to the Primary site at this point.  So I will test this problem on a test Network|Multisite site and see if I am also seeing the same problem.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep, my logical guess was correct.  I Network deactivated BPS Pro on a test Network|Multisite site.  I then activated BPS Pro individually on the Primary site and 1 subsite.  When I visit any other subsite that does not have the BPS Pro plugin individually activated on that subsite I see the Security Log entries.  So we will need to fix this issue in the next BPS Pro version.  For now you can just ignore the Security Log entries or Disable the BPS Pro MU Tools must-use plugin.

Living Miracles
    Participant

Thanks so much! Appreciate it 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.