Spam Free WordPress – security log errors, plugin firewall

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Spam Free WordPress – security log errors, plugin firewall

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Email Question:

Yeah,
    did it.

But its still logging on spamfree and always with this  catv.broadband.hu from hungary.
    Is that a spammer?
    Dont get the meaning of such behaviour.
    Cause it is responded by spamfree JS file.

I mean, it is good to have the security log, when I want to identify spam too right?
    I just dont understand the Request URI and didnt manage to stop the “spammer” (or robot?) through blokcing its IP on spamfree.

>>>>>>>>>>> 403 GET or Other Request Error Logged - 6. April 2013 - 17:24 <<<<<<<<<<<
    REMOTE_ADDR: 89.133.186.2
    Host Name: catv-89-133-186-2.catv.broadband.hu
    HTTP_CLIENT_IP:
    HTTP_FORWARDED:
    HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR:
    HTTP_X_CLUSTER_CLIENT_IP:
    REQUEST_METHOD: GET
    HTTP_REFERER:
    REQUEST_URI: /wp-content/plugins/spam-free-wordpress/js/sfw-ipwd-nn.js?ver=1.9.2
    QUERY_STRING:
    HTTP_USER_AGENT: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB7.4; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

What the errors mean is that the /spam-free-wordpress/js/sfw-ipwd-nn.js script needs to be whitelisted in your Plugin Firewall whitelist.  Spam Free WordPress will be blocked from doing what it needs to do until you whitelist this plugin script.  Whether or not this is a spammer I have no idea.  The error will not tell you that.

The Request-URI is a Uniform Resource Identifier and identifies the resource upon which to apply the request.  This is the request made by the client/visitor to your Server. URI is similar to URL, but is not the same thing.  See the Wiki link below for more info on URI.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniform_resource_identifier

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Email Reply:

As the javascript files by spamfree were on white list only, I added the plugin path also, now my whitelist in firewall says:

/spam-free-wordpress/js/sfw-ipwd-nn.js,/formidable/js/formidable.js,/formidable/pro/js/nicedit.js,/spam-free-wordpress/

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You are not using the correct whitelisting format. The correct format is comma and space between all plugin scripts. See the Blue Read Me help button for the Plugin Firewall to see the help information about what the correct format to use is.

/spam-free-wordpress/js/sfw-ipwd-nn.js, /formidable/js/formidable.js, /formidable/pro/js/nicedit.js

or using RegEx to condense the whitelist rules

/spam-free-wordpress/js/sfw-ipwd-nn.js, /formidable/js/(.*).js

This is not a valid whitelist rule below. In order to be a valid whitelist rule you would have to use Regular Expressions (Regex) to make the rule valid.

/spam-free-wordpress/

In order to be valid you would have to use Regex to whitelist all js scripts

/spam-free-wordpress/(.*).js

In order to be valid you would have to use Regex to whitelist all php scripts

/spam-free-wordpress/(.*).php
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Email Reply:

Thumbs up. Thanks. It was the missing iframe check, so I just typed theme hehe

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.