Unable to upgrade BPS Pro – Are you sure you want to do this Please try again

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Unable to upgrade BPS Pro – Are you sure you want to do this Please try again

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    SteveOh
    Participant

Hi folks.

When I try and upgrade to the new version I get the error.
    Are you sure you want to do this
    Please try again

I tried again and get the same response. Any ideas? Thanks for any help..

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

This is a standard WordPress error message.  Usually this is caused by another plugin blocking the BPS Pro upgrade, but can be caused by other things like corrupt Browser cache or some function in your Theme.

How are you trying to upgrade BPS Pro? Using the WP Dashboard upgrade/update link? Clear your Browser cache and plugin cache if you have a caching plugin and try the upgrade again. Deactivate all plugins except for BPS Pro and try and upgrade again.

SteveOh
    Participant

Okay thanks, I’ll try that now..

SteveOh
    Participant

That worked, it was one of these plugins

Akismet
    All in One SEO Pack Pro
    BackupBuddy
    Contact Form 7
    Contact Form 7 widget
    Get The Image
    Google XML Sitemaps
    Landing Pages

Thanks very much for the prompt response, as always….

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Well what can happen randomly and may not really be an issue or problem with a particular plugin and is some kind of WordPress DB transient cache issue.  Something like a transient cache is out of whack or corrupted.  Deactivating all plugins clears the WordPress DB transient cache or whatever transient cache is out of whack.  Without actually taking this apart and figuring out the exact technical aspects of this issue are, I am just laying this out in simple laymans terms. 😉

http://codex.wordpress.org/Transients_API

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.