BPS Alert! Your site does not appear to be protected by BulletProof Security

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free BPS Alert! Your site does not appear to be protected by BulletProof Security

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jan
    Participant

Hi,

I did not have this issue in the past but when I activate the plugin BPS will frequently show that it is not working. Even after following the instructions the message will appear again.

Any idea why this is happening?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

When you say “activate” the BPS plugin please explain exactly what “activate” means.  Or if you are saying that the BPS Alert continues to appear randomly then the problem is one of these common problems below.

If your Host allows you to lock your root .htaccess file then you can lock your root .htaccess file on the BPS htaccess File Editor page to prevent this problem from reoccurring.  If you lock your root .htaccess file and your Host does not allow this your website will crash or your Host will automatically change the locked (404 file permissions) root .htaccess file to unlocked (644 file permissions).  If your website crashes then FTP to your website root folder and change the root .htaccess file permissions from 404 file permissions back to 644 file permissions.  Some Hosts allow 444 file permissions, which is more secure than 644 file permissions and your root .htaccess file will be locked to prevent the Broken cPanel HotLink Protection Tool problem and the WordPress flush_rewrite_rules function problem for occuring repeatedly.  So you can try and change the root .htaccess file permissions to 444 instead of 644 file permissions.

Broken cPanel HotLink Protection Tool problem

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-free/#cpanel-hotlink-protection

WordPress flush_rewrite_rules function used inappropriately in another plugin or theme

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-free/#flush-rewrite-rules

Jan
    Participant

Hi,
    It worked to set the file permissions to 404. And the issue has been resolved.
    Thank you for the advice!

Jason and Grace
    Participant

BPS Alert! Your site does not appear to be protected by BulletProof Security
    Go to the Security Modes page and Activate Root Folder BulletProof Mode.

I’m totally lost… How do I get my site secure?
    Thought I ran the set up properly, where initially, it said everything was good, but now I’m getting this msg…

What am I missing?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Your post has been merged into this relevant topic.  Most likely the problem is 1 or both of these very common problems posted above.
    http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/bps-alert-your-site-does-not-appear-to-be-protected-by-bulletproof-security-2/#post-8039

BCW
    Participant

[Topic has been merged into this relevant Topic]
    After going live with our “staged” site (using instanturl) we were not able to use the post name permalink structure.

We got help from our webhost – there help response is next….

“I have checked by changing permalinks & getting same error. After that I rename htaccess file & change permalinks so new htaccess file created 7 now site works fine with post name permalinks. Your original htaccess file rename to “.htaccess copy 1″.”

Now in wp admin, we have this message…

BPS Alert! Your site may not be protected by BulletProof Security
    The BPS version: BULLETPROOF .xx.x >>>>>>> SECURE .HTACCESS line of code was not found at the top of your Root htaccess file.
    The BPS version line of code MUST be at the very top of your Root htaccess file.

Can I just delete BP security and then reinstall?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ BCW – You can just run the Setup Wizard.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.