DSO Server – Cron error, failed to open stream: Permission denied in

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free DSO Server – Cron error, failed to open stream: Permission denied in

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    James
    Participant

Since updating and enabling the new wp db backup feature (I think) I keep getting a cron jobs error.  I guess this is due to a particular file or folder not being writeable because my server runs with DSO and so requires unusual settings.  Could you please point me in the direction of the appropriate files or folders whose permission settings I need to play with?

The cron error looks like this. The same error occurs through to line 265:

Warning:  fopen(/mysite_wpdb.sql) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/mysite/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/db-security.php on line 184
    Warning:  fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/mysite/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/db-security.php on line 189
    Warning:  fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/mysite/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/db-security.php on line 190
    Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/mysite/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/db-security.php on line 191

Thanks, James

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

These errors are occurring because the BPS DB Backup folder does not exist or is not writable.  The BPS Backup folder should be created automatically here:  /wp-content/bps-backup/backups_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  by BPS during the upgrade or on new installations of BPS, but if the /bps-backup/ folder does not have the correct Ownership settings to allow for this folder to be automatically created then you will not see this folder.  You can create the DB Backup folder manually and then save the folder path and URL path information on the DB Backup page or you can allow the backups folder to be created automatically by figuring out what DSO Ownership settings you need.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Have you looked at this DSO Setup page:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/dso-setup-steps/ ?  It is actually very simple to change the WordPress Filesystem API method to “direct” and then you would not have any of these problems in this post and your other posts.

James
    Participant

Thanks.  I have followed the instructions above to change the WP file system to ‘direct’ and have checked that this has worked fine in the BPS system info page.  I was still getting errors on the db backup page, but after deleting the job and then recreating this they seemed to disappear.

I’ll see how things go from here, thanks for your help 🙂

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/getting-php-warning-error?replies=2#post-6104628

Other possible scenarios for a CGI Host Server type:

Note:  A DB Backup Reset button will be added to do this automatically in a future version of BPS and BPS Pro.

If you have a CGI Host server type and there is a permissions problem for the /bps-backup/ folder then you would change the /bps-backup/ folder permissions to 755 or 705.

If something generally just went wrong with the automated DB Backup folder creation then you can either manually create the /wp-content/bps-backup/backups_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx folder and manually add your db backup path settings on the BPS DB Backup page…

…or to allow BPS to automatically create the DB Backups folder again and add the db backup path options settings again – Use phpMyAdmin or another DB editor and delete this BPS database option: bulletproof_security_options_db_backup and delete this folder if it exists: /wp-content/bps-backup/backups_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx folder.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.