Every Calendar +1 plugin 403 error

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free Every Calendar +1 plugin 403 error

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    RayS
    Participant

A sample of my log looks like this:

>>>>>>>>>>> 403 GET or Other Request Error Logged - May 28, 2013 - 9:56 pm <<<<<<<<<<<
    REMOTE_ADDR: 111.22.33.44  (not my real IP address)
    Host Name: bas9-belleville03-1234567890.dsl.bell.ca
    HTTP_CLIENT_IP:
    HTTP_FORWARDED:
    HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR:
    HTTP_X_CLUSTER_CLIENT_IP:
    REQUEST_METHOD: GET
    HTTP_REFERER: http: //mysite.com/blog/event/2013/6/1/training-day/
    REQUEST_URI: /blog/wp-content/plugins/every-calendar-1/mxn/mxn.js?(googlev3)
    QUERY_STRING:
    HTTP_USER_AGENT: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/27.0.1453.94 Safari/537.36

I am using the Every Calendar +1 plugin, and it tries to use google maps to populate maps on the fly when the details of an event are selected.  Since the latest updates maps are blocked and the call shows up in the log as shown above.  What needs to be done to allow the mxn.js script to call the Google geocoder?

Thanks.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Do you have BPS free or BPS Pro?

RayS
    Participant

BS Free at the moment, with plans to upgrade to the Pro version.

Here’s another related line from the logs:

REQUEST_URI: /blog/wp-content/plugins/every-calendar-1/mxn/mxn.js?(googlev3:geocoder)

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Just wanted to make sure that the issue/problem was not related to the BPS Pro Plugin Firewall.

What is causing the block/403 error is the round bracket coding characters/parenthesis (googlev3:geocoder) in the Request URI string.

Edit your root .htaccess file using the BPS .htaccess file editor on the Edit/Upload/Download tab page and remove/delete the round brackets from this security filter below in your root .htaccess file.

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^.*(\(|\)|<|>|%3c|%3e).* [NC,OR]

round bracket code characters removed

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^.*(<|>|%3c|%3e).* [NC,OR]
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I will be splitting your post into a new Forum Topic to make it easier for other folks to find this fix for the Every Calendar +1 plugin.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/every-calendar-1-plugin-403-error/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.