Fast Secure Contact Form – not redirecting to thank you page

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Fast Secure Contact Form – not redirecting to thank you page

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

[Topic manually split from another existing Topic]

I currently have issue with this other site, basically my contact form that i have checked and is set correctly, was fine earlier, now instead of directing to a thanks page /thanks/ now directs to /form/#FSContact1 sends no mail and in status bar of chrome it shows 1st December 0000 archive
    http://www.thamesvalleydiscos.co.uk/form/
    hit submit with no info filled does not ask for any information that is required. Same form on other site i did earlier appears ok.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Do BPS Pro troubleshooting steps:  #2 and test your form, #3 and test your form and then #4 and test your form.  Also check your BPS Security Log file and post any security log entries related to your form.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-pro/#bps-pro-general-troubleshooting

Paul
    Participant

No tried all 3 and same. I can’t quite get to grips, i know it was working earlier as i was receiving mail.
    Logs are clear

just tried it on my local copy and doing same thing.(bps pro on local copy)

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

BPS Pro does not affect emailing or emails in any way on your server or with/in any plugins since there is no code in BPS Pro that deals with blocking emails. Double check your plugin and form settings.  The only known issue with Fast Secure Contact Form is that it requires a Plugin Firewall whitelist rule for this plugin script  /si-contact-form/captcha/securimage_show.php Other than that BPS and Fast Secure Contact Form work fine together without any issues/problems.

FYI – unless you have configured a Mail Server on a Local Server then you may or may not recieve emails.  That would depend on how the Fast Secure Contact Form sends emails.  Anyway checking email functionality on a Local server is probably not a good way to test that unless you have set up all of that additional Mail Server stuff on your Local server.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I just installed Fast Secure Contact Form.  Created a Thank you redirect page and the redirect worked fine.  Something odd that I noticed is that there is a temporary redirect to #FSContact1 and then it proceeds to go to your actual Thank you page URL.  In my case I created 2 Pages – the form page and the Thank you page with the actual URL as /thank-you/.  So going by what I am seeing I think the redirect is failing before finishing.  Personally I suspect something like caching.  Things that should never be cached:  your WordPress Dashboard Admin area, your Login page and any Forms of any kind.  If you are caching this Form then you need to create an exclude rule in your caching plugin so that your Form is not being cached.

Paul
    Participant

Testing on my other site with same form. if i do not fill in required information, it then highlights where i need to fill in, and that url is /contact/#FSContact1 so it appears something is giving a 404 instead of refreshing page and asking to fill missing info. or sending mail

The form is not cached i have excluded this

Could it be Varnish on Server i wonder?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-fast-secure-contact-form-redirecting-broken-help-please

Looks like either the URL for your thank you page does not have the trailing slash or another plugin that you have installed is causing the problem.  BPS Pro works fine with Fast Secure Contact Form so try deactivating alll of your plugins on this site one by one to see if another plugin is conflicting.

Looking at your Source Code I think it is either your Weaver Theme or the Slider. Or the captcha plugin that you have installed is even more likely since it could be breaking the Form’s captcha and breaking the entire Form in general.

Paul
    Participant

I will play on local host. in preview mode (form preview) it works, but not on page. Will update when i sort this,
    Put a default contact form and works ok.

Paul
    Participant

I think i found the issue. It is using a drop down box (SELECT) for (in my Case) Days of month/month/year in list form.
    No idea why never had the problem before. On my test site, i receive php error

PHP Fatal error: Unsupported operand types in wp-content\plugins\si-contact-form\includes\class-fscf-process.php on line 307
    Paul
    Participant

Corrupt fields. Deleted them created new now it works.

Paul
    Participant

To conclude.
    I updated my theme first (weaver Extreme), i then updated from BPS free to BPS pro.
    Using Fast Secure Contact form, my form field became corrupt giving above errors. Solution was to delete the said fields and create new ones (only two fields using SELECT option) were affected. This exact problem was replicated on my local host (duplicate test site) doing exactly the same. Unfortunately i can not be sure if the problem occured after theme update or after BPS. I do use this form on other sites with non updated theme but with BPS pro although no SELECT option used in these forms, and they had no such issue. Possibly issue with the SELECT (drop down) field option only.
    The form now works.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The issue did not have anything to do with BPS free or Pro since BPS cannot affect other plugin’s database value settings in that way.  The “Unsupported operand types” error usually has to do with using invalid array values/parameters or the Fast Secure Contact Form plugin has a bug that needs to be fixed. To put that in plain English – either the values you were entering into the Forum Field are not valid/correct/allowed or the Fast Secure Contact Form plugin is not handling/processing valid array values.  If you want a definite answer to that question then you should post in the Fast Secure Contact Form plugin’s support forum on wordpress.org and post the exact Form Field values you were using in your Form for the dropdown select Form option.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2108875/php-fatal-error-unsupported-operand-types
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23154508/php-fatal-error-unsupported-operand-types

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.