Network|Multisite Help Info

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Network|Multisite Help Info

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The BPS Pro plugin can be Network Activated or you can allow the BPS Pro plugin to be activated individually on each Network|Multisite subsite or of course you can choose not to Network Activate BPS Pro or allow the BPS Pro plugin on subsites.  Super Admins will see BPS Pro Dashboard Alerts and other Status displays on the Primary Site only.  Administrators can activate or deactivate BPS Pro on subsites if you allow this on your Network|Multisite website.

BulletProof Security Pro Network|Multisite subsite Menus

BPS Pro NetworkSubsite Menus

BPS Pro Network Subsite MenusLogin Security, JTC Anti-Spam|Anti-Hacker, Maintenance Mode, System Info, UI|UX Options: Processing Spinner, WP Toolbar and Whats New menus/pages are available on Network|Multisite subsites to Super Admins and Administrators

Login Security has all the same functionality on Network|Multisite subsites with these exceptions:
    Login Security Dashboard Alerts are not displayed for subsites & Login Security email alerting is not available for subsites.

JTC Anti-Spam|Anti-Hacker has all the same functionality on Network|Multisite subsites with these exceptions:
    JTC Anti-Spam|Anti-Hacker Logging is not available for subsites.

Maintenance Mode has all the same functionality on Network|Multisite subsites with these exceptions:
    BackEnd Maintenance is not available on subsites & these Primary site options are not available on subsites: Put The Primary Site And All Subsites In Maintenance Mode & Put All Subsites In Maintenance Mode, But Not The Primary Site.

System Info has all the same functionality on Network|Multisite subsites with these exceptions:
    MySQL Database information is not displayed on subsites & MISC Additional checks does not display checks or status for S-Monitor or P-Security

BulletProof Security Pro Network|Multisite Primary Site Menus

All other BulletProof Security Pro features such as the AutoRestore, Quarantine, Plugin Firewall, B-Core, P-Security, etc. are not available on subsites since Network|Multisite subsites are virtual and do not have separate website files of their own.  All of the other standard BulletProof Security Pro features work sitewide and affect all other virtual subsites (with the exception of Login Security & JTC Anti-Spam|Anti-Hacker which work individually for each specific website – Primary or virtual subsites) and therefore should only be available to and controlled by the Super Admin with Network Admin capabilities for the Network|Multisite website.

BPS Pro Primary Site Menus

Guys, in multisite mode, the plugin doesn’t show up in the network dashboard but only in sites dashboard. This is  an easy fix, as I’ve done it myself . See “Admin Pages” in :

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13960514/how-to-adapt-my-plugin-to-multisite

Regards
    Mathieu

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

BPS Pro should not load its menus in the Network Admin panel.  BPS Pro is specifically designed to only load menus/pages in the Primary Site that should be loaded in only the primary site and only load menus/pages that should only load in subsites (selective menus/pages).

Terri Zx
    Participant

Never mind – I found the answer here:

https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/how-to-convert-to-multi-site-without-triggering-bps-pro/

————-

I have an existing site that I have BPS Pro already installed, and want to enable Multisite/Network.

The Multisite instructions tell me to turn off all plugins and add code to wp-config.php (ok, that’s straightforward) and add this code to the .htaccess file:

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]

# add a trailing slash to /wp-admin
    RewriteRule ^wp-admin$ wp-admin/ [R=301,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule ^ - [L]
    RewriteRule ^(wp-(content|admin|includes).*) $1 [L]
    RewriteRule ^(.*\.php)$ $1 [L]
    RewriteRule . index.php [L]

But if I understand correctly, I’m not supposed to edit the .htaccess file when BPS is installed – instead I’m supposed to add the above code as Custom Code. Right? But I can’t do that with the BPS plugin deactivated, so…chicken/egg?

And, where do I put the above code? I’m guessing “CUSTOM CODE WP REWRITE LOOP START“??

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.