WPML Plugin – Unable to Send Translation, XMLRPC, icanlocalize Translation

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free WPML Plugin – Unable to Send Translation, XMLRPC, icanlocalize Translation

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Nicolas Frias
    Participant

I have the WPML plugin for translating posts. When a post is translated, the ICanLocalize.com site send the translation back to my blog. If I activate BPS .htaccess security, this fails. I talked to ICanLocalize.com and they require access to http(s)://<my-blog>/xmlrpc.php and they send their IP is 74.50.54.21.
    How can I add a rule to let them through? 
    Many thanks,
    –NF
    (WP 3.4.2 / BPS .47.7 / WPML 2.6.3)

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Is WPML making a HEAD Request?  If so, try removing HEAD from this security filter in your root .htaccess file.  If this is not the problem then I need to know what the actual Query String is in the Request that they send back to your website.

[code deleted – was not relevant to solving this problem]

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

UPDATE: BPS Pro 13+ and BPS 2.0+ versions have a feature called: Setup Wizard AutoFix (AutoWhitelist|AutoSetup|AutoCleanup) that automatically creates plugin and theme whitelist rules and automatically sets up and cleans up caching plugins htaccess code.

Actually this is a known issue/problem and the solution is here >>> http://wordpress.org/support/topic/problem-with-wpml-1?replies=4  You can add this skip/bypass rule to BPS Custom Code.  Add this skip/bypass rule to BPS Custom Code in the CUSTOM CODE WPADMIN PLUGIN FIXES: text box and activate BulletProof Mode for your wp-admin folder.

#For WPML Translations
    RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} page=wpml-translation-management/menu/translations-queue.php(.*) [NC]
    RewriteRule . - [S=2]
    Nicolas Frias
    Participant

Unfortunately the problem you address in your previous post is not the one I’m having. I can submit translations or do them myself, the links work fine, the problem is when the ICanLocalaze site tries to submit a translated post via XMLRPC .
    Thanks.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

We were never notified of your reply/post due to a problem with email notifications that were occurring at the time.  For anyone else who finds this Topic and are experiencing this same issue/problem, check your BPS Security Log and post the log entry that is related to WPML/icanlocalize.  This may have been an isolated/unique issue/problem.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.