Can BPS pro or free prevent spammer signups

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Can BPS pro or free prevent spammer signups

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    RobB
    Participant

I have a new wordpress blog, and opened up the possibility for others to comment.
    People need to be signed up before they can post comments.

What I am seeing is hordes of possible spammers or hackers signing up.

Can BPS pro or free prevent that?
    Or is there a known other way?
    I am using the free Akismet version, but that one is not doing that part of the job.

Thanks for looking into my question.

Rob

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

BPS Pro JTC Anti-Spam|Anti-Hacker blocks 100% of all automated SpamBots and HackerBots from auto-registering, auto-logins and auto-posting.  99% of all spamming and hacking is automated with Bots.  Unfortunately, 1% of spammers are human spammers and the only way to deal with them is to either manually spam their comments or choose to use the WordPress > Settings > Discussion > Comment must be manually approved option to approve or spam comments.

RobB
    Participant

I can see 1 ip address had been blocked. And from what I can remember it was one of the bad people.

[403 GET Request: 28 juni 2017 - 08:17]
    BPS: 1.1
    WP: 4.8
    Event Code: BFHS - Blocked/Forbidden Hacker or Spammer
    Solution: N/A - Hacker/Spammer Blocked/Forbidden
    REMOTE_ADDR: 107.150.37.26
    Host Name: 107.150.37.26
    SERVER_PROTOCOL: HTTP/1.0
    HTTP_CLIENT_IP:
    HTTP_FORWARDED:
    HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR:
    HTTP_X_CLUSTER_CLIENT_IP:
    REQUEST_METHOD: GET
    HTTP_REFERER:
    REQUEST_URI: /readme.html
    QUERY_STRING:
    HTTP_USER_AGENT: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0)

For the rest I get daily signups from something@something.eamale.com Example: asdferrewr@g.eamale.com
    I have added a plugin to show the ip addresses. But do not know what to do with them. Block? They can spoof.
    Would the Pro help me better in it?
    I have set that the first comment must be approved by the admins.

Thanks,
    RobB

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Since you have the BPS free plugin then you should install a CAPTCHA plugin to block/stop SpamBot and HackerBot auto-registrations & auto-logins.  BPS Pro JTC Anti-Spam|Anti-Hacker uses a CAPTCHA and other things to block/stop SpamBots and HackerBots.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.