These PHP Notices have been happening for a liong time now..

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro These PHP Notices have been happening for a liong time now..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bbmedia
    Participant

Hi there,

I am getting the following PHP notices on my sites using Bulletproof. Was wondering if BPS Pro can be updated for PHP 7.4 or to avoid cerating such notices.

[23-Jul-2020 10:34:00 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: reference in /sites/rhemafm.com.au/files/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/login-security.php on line 630
    [23-Jul-2020 10:34:00 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: captcha in /sites/rhemafm.com.au/files/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/login-security.php on line 636
    [23-Jul-2020 10:34:00 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: reference in /sites/rhemafm.com.au/files/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/login-security.php on line 639
    [23-Jul-2020 10:34:00 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: captcha in /sites/rhemafm.com.au/files/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/login-security.php on line 639
    [23-Jul-2020 10:34:00 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: reference in /sites/rhemafm.com.au/files/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/login-security.php on line 651
    [23-Jul-2020 10:34:00 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: HTTP_REFERER in /sites/rhemafm.com.au/files/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/login-security.php on line 651

[23-Jul-2020 10:34:01 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /sites/rhemafm.com.au/files/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/bulletproof-security.php on line 77
    [23-Jul-2020 10:34:01 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /sites/rhemafm.com.au/files/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/bulletproof-security.php on line 146

thanks

Garth

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

When are you seeing these php errors?  Are you temporarily debugging? PHP 7.4 is very strict and generates php errors for very insignificant things such as these particular PHP Notice errors.

PHP Notice errors – Run-time notices. Indicate that the script encountered something that could indicate an error, but could also happen in the normal course of running a script.

Edit|Update: These 2 php errors below have already been taken care of in BPS Pro 14.6. Since they are not bugs/coding mistakes the php errors have simply been suppressed. I’ll go ahead and suppress the other php errors so php does not generate nuisance errors for them.

[23-Jul-2020 10:34:01 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /sites/rhemafm.com.au/files/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/bulletproof-security.php on line 77
    [23-Jul-2020 10:34:01 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /sites/rhemafm.com.au/files/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/bulletproof-security.php on line 146
    bbmedia
    Participant

OK, thanks,

our installations haven’t alerted me to 14.6, so that is why I haven’t updated yet…

I will force update this site tomorrow. Between this and another plugin on this site we’re seeing 1mb/hour log files when having to debug – and at present we’re having to debug to find what on this site is causing the server to be overworked.

But I  guess for the many other client sites I will wait for 14.7 so as to see this update.

cheers

Garth

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

14.6 is being released today in a couple of hours. I added the php error suppression “fixes” for those php errors since they only take a few seconds to do.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.