2FA – 2-Factor Authentication

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro 2FA – 2-Factor Authentication

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Wouter
    Participant

Right now i am using BBQ pro with ithemes pro but after reading lots of good things about bulletproof i am thinking about switching. I was wondering if bulletproof  supports 2FA. I am also happy with BBQ pro and was wondering if somebody knows how they work together.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

BPS Pro does not have a 2FA Login feature.  BPS Pro does have a CAPTCHA login feature.  BPS Pro works fine with iThemes Security, but some security features overlap.  So you would choose to use either BPS Pro security features or iThemes Security features and turn off the overlapping security feature in the other plugin.  BBQ Pro uses the 5G/6G htaccess firewall. Overlap with any htaccess code in BPS Pro or BBQ Pro would not be an issue or problem. You would need to add the BBQ Pro 5G/6G htaccess firewall code into BPS Pro Custom Code to save it permanently. So that the BBQ Pro 5G/6G htaccess firewall code is written to the BPS Pro root htaccess file each time it is Activated.

Wouter
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply. Will bulletproof work with Google 2fa plugin?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The WordPress Login page is a special case that has Hooks (Actions and Filters) that can ONLY be used by 1 plugin or theme at a time.  All other WordPress Hooks that are not used for the WordPress Login page can be used by many different plugins and themes at the same time without any problems.  So if the Google 2fa plugin that you want to use is using the same Login page Hooks that BPS Pro > LSM or JTC is using then you would need to turn off either LSM or JTC.  It may be that your Google 2fa plugin does not use any of the WordPress Login page Hooks that BPS Pro > LSM and JTC are using. If that is the case then you could use all 3 features together.  If you would like for me to test the Google 2fa plugin that you want to use then post a link to the plugin on the wordpress.org plugin page.

Wouter
    Participant

I could just use the 2fa in ithemes if it works together. Do you think 2fa is unnessecary? What is your recommendation? the BBQ pro plugin doesn’t change the htaccess, it uses PHP hooks if i remember correctly, so i guess i’ll be fine.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

As long as your theme is not using the same WordPress Login page Hooks that BPS Pro > LSM and JTC are using there would not be a problem. I believe there are a total of 3 WordPress Login page Hooks for login processing specifically.  There are other WordPress Login page Hooks that can be shared between plugins and themes, but the login processing Hooks cannot be shared between plugins and themes.  A simple analogy with WordPress Login page login processing Hooks is that each Hook is a car key. You can only use 1 car key in a car ignition at a time.  😉  Personally I find 2FA kind of annoying, but lots of people like it.  BPS Pro Login security (LSM and JTC) completely protect the WordPress Login page.  There has not been a single case in the last 8+ years where LSM and JTC were beaten by a hacker or spammer.  😉

Go1Fit
    Participant

Hi there!

Checking in if 2FA is now an option with BPS?  I’ve been following Your plugin for years!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Go1Fit – I decided against adding a 2FA feature.  This 2FA plugin is confirmed compatible with BPS > https://wordpress.org/plugins/fluent-security/ and it has some other additional login security features.  So you would turn off BPS Login Security features and use the features in that plugin.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Although looking at the Reviews for the plugin I cannot recommend it. There are several plugins that offer 2FA. While I still maintain my plugins in real time, my interests have shifted to Bitcoin, which is obviously exploding right now.

Go1Fit
    Participant

Interesting topic to mention.  Do You ever check out Decentralize TV on Brighteon?  Its pretty cool that Mike Adams is coming out with a Health AI Language Model that can run offline, beta is coming out in a few weeks

Brighteon.AI

Now that the site is aomost fully built with plugins, I’ll start getting ready to install BPS Pro and figure out the 2FA, thanks for the years of work 😉

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

K00L I’ll check it out.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.