403 error when trying to ignore MSCAN suspicious files

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro 403 error when trying to ignore MSCAN suspicious files

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Hannah
    Participant

I have a number of suspicious files/database entries in MSCAN. Some of them can be ignored, however, when I try to do this I get a 403 error calling out my IPV6 address. I’ve tried to whitelist it in both the root and admin htaccess files but the situation persists. I found a spot in the Jetpack XML-RPC DDoS & TRACKBACK/PINGBACK PROTECTION segment of the root htaccess where I might be able to whitelist it, but I’m not sure how to do this with an IPV6 address. Any advice?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

This problem is caused by ModSecurity installed on your web host.  ModSecurity sees the filename “.htaccess” and even the text word “htaccess” as a threat and blocks form processing. Yes, that is completely ridiculous.  😉  Unfortunately, you will not be able to ignore any files that are named .htaccess.

Hannah
    Participant

Ah, I see, mod_security idiosyncracies. Got it, and good to know, because since htaccess was at the top of the list I assumed the same 403 error would happen with the rest. But I just tried another and found that it was ignored with no errors. Thanks so much!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.