403 Forbidden Error + Can’t login anymore

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free 403 Forbidden Error + Can’t login anymore

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Phil
    Participant

Hi,

our website eusaat.eu shows a 403 Forbidden Error since some days. Even when I try to access the admin panel, I only see this error after trying to log in. We haven’t changed or updated anything on the site for like a month, so we have absolutely no idea, why this is happening now.

Also the BPS Security Log shows hundreds of entries in the last few days, so I have no idea which ones might be relevant to this problem. Therfore I have sent you the file at info@ait-pro.com.

Without being able to login, I have no idea how to fix this, since all troubleshooting guides or similar posts I found on this forum still required being able to login.

I hope you can help us.

Best regards
    Phil

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Use FTP or your web host control panel and delete the root (same folder as your wp-config.php file) and wp-admin htaccess files.  Have you added any additional custom htaccess code in BPS Custom Code?  Also when I checked your site I see that files in your /wp-content/uploads folder are being blocked.  Have you added a custom htaccess file in your uploads folder?  Do you have any other security plugins installed?

Phil
    Participant

Hi again,

I deleted the root htaccess file. I am now able to access the dashboard again, as long as the htaccess file is missing, but page links are now broken.

To answer your questions: I have not added any custom htaccess code and no custom htaccess file in the uploads folder. There is one other security plugin called “Black hole for Bad bots” installed.

What should I do next? Can I safely try to install an older Updraft Plus backup without the htaccess file present?

Phil

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Just deactivate Root Folder BulletProof Mode. Doing that will create a standard WordPress htaccess file.

Phil
    Participant

Ok, so I installed a backup, now everything works fine again (at least for now). Thanks a lot for the help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.