403 Post Request Log Entries – too many

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro 403 Post Request Log Entries – too many

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Carmen Reyes
    Participant

Security Log is emailed twice a day with 800-900 each time some Post Requests requests since late April. Web host Report Usage says my website has reached limits in past 24 hours – been getting these on and off since April. Web host insists I upgrade to get more resources. I downgraded the website to eliminate images, deleted WooCommerce and WooCommerce Square and associated plugins, and updated everything. Not sure what else I can do to avoid paying for an upgrade. Inodes Usage today is 12890 and the limit is 200000. Does this seem normal? Here’s the last security log

[403 POST Request: May 28, 2022 - 12:32 am]
    BPS Pro: 16.6
    WP: 6.0
    Event Code: BFHS - Blocked/Forbidden Hacker or Spammer
    Solution: N/A - Hacker/Spammer Blocked/Forbidden
    REMOTE_ADDR: 124.222.116.35
    Host Name: 124.222.116.35
    SERVER_PROTOCOL: HTTP/1.1
    HTTP_CLIENT_IP:
    HTTP_FORWARDED:
    HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR:
    HTTP_X_CLUSTER_CLIENT_IP:
    REQUEST_METHOD: POST
    HTTP_REFERER:
    REQUEST_URI: /xmlrpc.php
    QUERY_STRING:
    HTTP_USER_AGENT: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:62.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/62.0
    REQUEST BODY: BPS Security Log option set to: Do Not Log POST Request Body Data
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

If you have a lot of websites under a hosting account then they all count against your total inode allowances for your hosting account.  If you are storing large backup files under your hosting account then that can cause high inode usage.  Inode usage is pretty much the same as disk space usage.

An inode is a data structure used to keep information about a file on your hosting account. The number of inodes indicates the number of files and folders you have. This includes everything on your account, emails, files, folders, anything you store on the server.

Basically, the inode contains all information about a file outside of the actual name of the file and the actual data content of the file.

Regarding BPS Security Logging:  BPS Pro Security logging uses minimal resources and all other BPS Pro features are optimized for performance and minimal resource usage.  The reason log files are zipped, emailed and replaced with blank Security Log files is to prevent an inode usage problem.

Carmen Reyes
    Participant

Thanks for the quick response! Glad to know BPS Pro takes up little space. Very little has changed since this site launched a few years ago except there may be too many backups. I cleaned up email. There is an archive site stored in the directory. I will try to delete some of the backups and see if that helps, otherwise I will download the achieve website and store it on a jump drive.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.