404 Error After Plugin Update

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free 404 Error After Plugin Update

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Aaron
    Participant

After I updated to the latest WP available and updated the BPS plugin I keep getting a 404 Page Not Found error. This notice is at the top of my WP:

BPS Alert! Your site does not appear to be protected by BulletProof Security

But when I go to the Security Modes page and click on the auto magic buttons (either one) for the htaccess file, it opens on the 404 error. I don’t know what to do. I’ve tried restoring a previous backup, but that didn’t work at ALL!!! Matter of fact, it messed up my website and I have to go back and put in a LOT of my posts again that are now missing! Any suggestions on the 404 Page Not Found error?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Use FTP or your web host control panel and delete the .htaccess file in your website root folder.  Log back in to your WordPress Dashboard, click the Root folder BulletProof Mode Activate button.

BPS General Troubleshooting
    http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-free/

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

If the problem is with WordPress itself and some incompatibility with your Theme and not related to BPS in any way –  We have seen this exact same problem with the Canvas Theme occur on a website.

If your Posts or Pages are not displaying on the WordPress Posts or Pages pages then you will need to upload the previous WordPress files for the previous version of WordPress you were using before you upgraded to WP 3.6.  When you are prompted to update the database after you have uploaded all old WordPress files choose YES udate the database.

1.  Download the WordPress version zip file from http://wordpress.org/download/release-archive/ to your computer.
    2.  Unzip the WordPress zip file on your computer.

Upload the entire /wp-content folder to your website.
    Upload the entire /wp-admin folder to your website.
    Upload the entire /wp-includes folder to your website.
    Upload all the WordPress root files to your website root folder. There are somewhere around 17 WordPress root files. index.php, wp-activate.php, wp-app.php, wp-blog-header.php, etc.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.