Lost connection to MySQL server during query bulletproof_security_options_sec_log_post_limit

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free Lost connection to MySQL server during query bulletproof_security_options_sec_log_post_limit

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Hannah
    Participant

I have a site down today with a 500 internal server error. The error log says:

[28-Jun-2017 07:16:25 UTC] WordPress database error Lost connection to MySQL server during query for query SELECT option_value FROM wp_options WHERE option_name = 'bulletproof_security_options_sec_log_post_limit' LIMIT 1 made by get_option

More info: There are two mu-plugins folders. I haven’t seen two of these before. /mu-plugins/ has a plugin for ManageWP (0-worker.php) and sso.php. /mu-plugins2/ has an EPC page cache and EPC browser cache, sso.php and the bps-plugin-autoupdate.php file.

Can you help me figure out how to fix this?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Use FTP and rename the /bulletproof-security/ plugin folder and let me know if the 500 error is still occurring or not.  There is no such thing as a valid /mu-plugins2/ folder name for WordPress.  Delete the invalid /mu-plugins2/ folder.

Hannah
    Participant

Yes, 500 persists after renaming BPS folder.

You might not have seen the edit I just made to the first entry.

More info: There are two mu-plugins folders. I haven’t seen two of these before. /mu-plugins/ has a plugin for ManageWP (0-worker.php) and sso.php. /mu-plugins2/ has an EPC page cache and EPC browser cache, sso.php and the bps-plugin-autoupdate.php file.

Also, the WordPress database repair message is showing when attempting to load Admin, but I ran through the process and it didn’t help antyhing. Front-facing site shows the 500 ISE

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

See my reply here for the most likely cause of the problem:  https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/500-internal-server-error-3/?view=all#post-33483

Hannah
    Participant

Moved the EPC and BPS mu plugins to the correct folder and deleted mu-plugins2. Cleared cache. 500 error remains

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

If the /bulletproof-security/ plugin folder is still renamed then that means the problem is not being caused by BPS plugin code or features.  Did you manually delete the this file yet:  /mu-plugins/bps-plugin-autoupdate.php?  If so then most likely you have bad/invalid htaccess code in BPS Custom Code somewhere.

1. Use FTP or your web host control panel file manager and delete the BPS Root and wp-admin htaccess files.
    2. Log into your website.
    3. Go to BPS Custom Code.
    4. Click the Export button.
    5. Send your Custom Code export zip file to:  info at ait-pro dot com so we can look at your custom code for any bad/invalid custom code.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.