WAMP – 500 Internal Server Error

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free WAMP – 500 Internal Server Error

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Email Question:
    I have installed the BPS at my client’s site and but yesterday when I upgraded with new version BPS, then tim thumb stop working and showing as below: [website name removed for privacy] 403 Forbidden Error Page. If you arrived here due to a search or clicking on a link click your Browser’s back button to return to the previous page. Thank you. Please let me know what is the issue?

Regards, Mejar

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I checked your website and it is currently displaying a 500 Internal Server Error. Please delete the .htaccess file in your website root folder.  Please see the Read Me First link here for possible causes of this issue/problem:

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-free/

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I see your site is back up again.  I checked all the basic things and your Host, Server type, etc are all compatible so did you click the [obsolete-removed] buttons before activating BulletProof Modes?

sb
    Participant

Hello,

I am using BPS without issue on a live WP site, and it works wonderfully!

Tonight, I installed it on my localhost (WAMP Server). I created the htaccess files by clicking on the two left-most [obsolete-removed]. 🙂 All was well until I activated Bulletproof Mode for my Root Folder. Once I did this, I always received the following error when trying to access WP:

500 Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, admin@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
    More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I modified the Root Folder .htaccess file as instructed above:
    1. Commented out the “Options – Indexes” line
    2. Commented out the “DirectoryIndex” line

But after making both modifications, I still receive the 500 Internal Server Error.
    Other info:
    Apache 2.2.22
    PHP 5.3.13
    MySQL 5.5.24
    No cPanel, but have phpmyadmin
    Thanks so much for any help/suggestions, and thanks for a phenomenal security plugin!

Sincerely,
    Buzz

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

If WAMP is similar to XAMPP then your WordPress Custom Permalink Structure should include index.php? in the Custom Structure path as shown below.

/index.php?/%postname%/

Go to Settings >>> Permalinks and add this Custom Permalink  Structure above.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I found some old posts stating that the rewrite module is not loaded by default in WAMP. Open your httpd.conf file and remove the # sign from in front of the rewrite module line of code shown below.  You will need to restart your Apache Server.
    #LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so
    or
    Left click the WAMP trayicon, go to “Apache” and then “Apache modules” and select “rewrite module”.  You will need restart your Apache Server.

sb
    Participant

Hello AITpro Admin — once again, you’ve solved the problem succinctly and with immediate response!  Thank you.

It was enough for me to modify the httpd.conf file as you suggested; that was the remedy.  So I haven’t applied the permalinks fix you mentioned above.  Should I make that change anyway?

Thank you again!

Buzz

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Great!  Nope, you do not need to do the permalinks change/fix.  For XAMPP if you are using a vhost configuration (or maybe any configuration) you do need to add index.php? to the permalink structure.  I have never messed around with WAMP so know very little about it, but will eventually get around to messing around with WAMP.

karsho
    Participant
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.