A New Plugin has 403 Error- Could My BPS Pro Setting be Preventing the Plugin from Working?

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro A New Plugin has 403 Error- Could My BPS Pro Setting be Preventing the Plugin from Working?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    AMDG
    Participant

Hi! I recently uploaded and activated the WooCommerce Exclude State plugin to my website. The plugin looks like it works, but when I click any of its buttons, it takes me to a 403 forbidden page. Well, I went into my backend via SFTP, and tried changing the properties of the WooCommerce Exclude State plugin to 755 and 644. This didn’t work, but it is interesting that this plugin needed to have me loosen the settings to these numbers, unlike any of the other plugins. I have also been advised to delete and recreate the .htaccess file by saving in permalinks, but the .htaccess file is hidden from me in my SFTP backend and I can’t find it. I have recently considered that maybe my BPS Pro settings are too strict? I don’t know anything about operating the BPS Pro settings … , but there is a section for .htaccess in the BPS Pro settings, and well, do you know of a way that BPS Pro could be making it so that there is a 403 forbidden page on the WooCommerce Exclude State plugin, please?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Most likely what is causing the problem is the BPS Pro Plugin Firewall. The BPS Pro Plugin Firewall will automatically create Plugin Firewall whitelist rules and fix any issues automatically within 10-15 minutes. So the problem may already be “fixed”. Is the problem still occurring or has it been automatically “fixed”?

AMDG
    Participant

Hi! No, the problem wasn’t automatically fixed in a quarter hour or over. I also left the plugin installed overnight, so … I guess it isn’t the firewall. 🙂

I don’t think the log is code … , and I think this is the php log that I’ve added below … , but I really don’t know what I’m doing. (So sorry!) I didn’t realize all this information was getting put in the log … . I wonder if it has anything to do with the matter or if you can make sense of it, please?

There’s more in the log from October 26th to December 18th, but it seems to concern my SEO and chat plugins. Did you want me to copy what came before February 10th, as well?

[10-Feb-2020 18:41:46 UTC] PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant WC_VERSION - assumed 'WC_VERSION' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/295989.cloudwaysapps.com/erwnggnbee/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-gateway-paypal-express-checkout/includes/class-wc-gateway-ppec-plugin.php on line 138
    [10-Feb-2020 18:41:46 UTC] PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant WC_VERSION - assumed 'WC_VERSION' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/295989.cloudwaysapps.com/erwnggnbee/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-gateway-paypal-express-checkout/includes/class-wc-gateway-ppec-plugin.php on line 138
    [11-Mar-2020 21:31:31 UTC] WordPress database error Table 'erwnggnbee.wp_wc_admin_notes' doesn't exist for query SELECT note_id FROM wp_wc_admin_notes WHERE name = 'wc-update-db-reminder' ORDER BY note_id ASC made by require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('init'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, WC_Install::check_version, WC_Install::install, WC_Install::maybe_update_db_version, WC_Notes_Run_Db_Update::show_reminder, WC_Notes_Run_Db_Update::get_current_notice, WC_Data_Store->__call, Automattic\WooCommerce\Admin\Notes\DataStore->get_notes_with_name
    [11-Mar-2020 21:31:31 UTC] WordPress database error Table 'erwnggnbee.wp_wc_admin_notes' doesn't exist for query SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM wp_wc_admin_notes made by require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('init'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, WC_Install::check_version, WC_Install::install, WC_Install::maybe_update_db_version, WC_Notes_Run_Db_Update::show_reminder, WC_Notes_Run_Db_Update::update_needed_notice, WC_Data->save, WC_Data_Store->create, Automattic\WooCommerce\Admin\Notes\DataStore->create
    [11-Mar-2020 21:31:31 UTC] WordPress database error Table 'erwnggnbee.wp_wc_admin_note_actions' doesn't exist for query DELETE FROM wp_wc_admin_note_actions WHERE note_id = 0 made by require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('init'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, WC_Install::check_version, WC_Install::install, WC_Install::maybe_update_db_version, WC_Notes_Run_Db_Update::show_reminder, WC_Notes_Run_Db_Update::update_needed_notice, WC_Data->save, WC_Data_Store->create, Automattic\WooCommerce\Admin\Notes\DataStore->create, Automattic\WooCommerce\Admin\Notes\DataStore->save_actions
    [11-Mar-2020 21:31:31 UTC] WordPress database error Table 'erwnggnbee.wp_wc_admin_note_actions' doesn't exist for query SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM wp_wc_admin_note_actions made by require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('init'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, WC_Install::check_version, WC_Install::install, WC_Install::maybe_update_db_version, WC_Notes_Run_Db_Update::show_reminder, WC_Notes_Run_Db_Update::update_needed_notice, WC_Data->save, WC_Data_Store->create, Automattic\WooCommerce\Admin\Notes\DataStore->create, Automattic\WooCommerce\Admin\Notes\DataStore->save_actions
    [11-Mar-2020 21:31:31 UTC] WordPress database error Table 'erwnggnbee.wp_wc_admin_note_actions' doesn't exist for query SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM wp_wc_admin_note_actions made by require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('init'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, WC_Install::check_version, WC_Install::install, WC_Install::maybe_update_db_version, WC_Notes_Run_Db_Update::show_reminder, WC_Notes_Run_Db_Update::update_needed_notice, WC_Data->save, WC_Data_Store->create, Automattic\WooCommerce\Admin\Notes\DataStore->create, Automattic\WooCommerce\Admin\Notes\DataStore->save_actions
    [11-Mar-2020 21:31:31 UTC] WordPress database error Table 'erwnggnbee.wp_wc_admin_note_actions' doesn't exist for query SELECT action_id, name, label, query, status, is_primary
    FROM wp_wc_admin_note_actions
    WHERE note_id = 0 made by require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('init'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, WC_Install::check_version, WC_Install::install, WC_Install::maybe_update_db_version, WC_Notes_Run_Db_Update::show_reminder, WC_Notes_Run_Db_Update::update_needed_notice, WC_Data->save, WC_Data_Store->create, Automattic\WooCommerce\Admin\Notes\DataStore->create, Automattic\WooCommerce\Admin\Notes\DataStore->save_actions, Automattic\WooCommerce\Admin\Notes\DataStore->read_actions
    [11-Mar-2020 21:31:31 UTC] WordPress database error Table 'erwnggnbee.wp_wc_admin_notes' doesn't exist for query SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM wp_wc_admin_notes made by require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('init'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, WC_Install::check_version, WC_Install::install, WC_Install::maybe_update_db_version, WC_Notes_Run_Db_Update::show_reminder, WC_Notes_Run_Db_Update::update_needed_notice, WC_Data->save, WC_Data_Store->create, Automattic\WooCommerce\Admin\Notes\DataStore->create
    [11-Mar-2020 21:31:31 UTC] WordPress database error Table 'erwnggnbee.wp_wc_admin_note_actions' doesn't exist for query DELETE FROM wp_wc_admin_note_actions WHERE note_id = 0 made by require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('init'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, WC_Install::check_version, WC_Install::install, WC_Install::maybe_update_db_version, WC_Notes_Run_Db_Update::show_reminder, WC_Notes_Run_Db_Update::update_needed_notice, WC_Data->save, WC_Data_Store->create, Automattic\WooCommerce\Admin\Notes\DataStore->create, Automattic\WooCommerce\Admin\Notes\DataStore->save_actions
    [11-Mar-2020 21:31:31 UTC] WordPress database error Table 'erwnggnbee.wp_wc_admin_note_actions' doesn't exist for query SELECT action_id, name, label, query, status, is_primary
    WHERE note_id = 0 made by require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('init'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, WC_Install::check_version, WC_Install::install, WC_Install::maybe_update_db_version, WC_Notes_Run_Db_Update::show_reminder, WC_Notes_Run_Db_Update::update_needed_notice, WC_Data->save, WC_Data_Store->create, Automattic\WooCommerce\Admin\Notes\DataStore->create, Automattic\WooCommerce\Admin\Notes\DataStore->save_actions, Automattic\WooCommerce\Admin\Notes\DataStore->read_actions
    [11-Mar-2020 21:31:31 UTC] WordPress database error Table 'erwnggnbee.wp_wc_admin_notes' doesn't exist for query SELECT note_id FROM wp_wc_admin_notes WHERE name = 'wc-admin-store-notice-setting-moved' ORDER BY note_id ASC made by require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('init'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, WC_Install::check_version, do_action('woocommerce_updated'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, Automattic\WooCommerce\Admin\Features\ActivityPanels->woocommerce_updated_note, Automattic\WooCommerce\Admin\Notes\WC_Admin_Notes_Settings_Notes::add_notes_for_settings_that_have_moved, Automattic\WooCommerce\Admin\Notes\WC_Admin_Notes_Settings_Notes::possibly_add_notice_setting_moved_note, WC_Data_Store->__call, Automattic\WooCommerce\Admin\Notes\DataStore->get_notes_with_name
    [11-Mar-2020 21:31:31 UTC] WordPress database error Table 'erwnggnbee.wp_wc_admin_notes' doesn't exist for query SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM wp_wc_admin_notes made by require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('init'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, WC_Install::check_version, do_action('woocommerce_updated'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, Automattic\WooCommerce\Admin\Features\ActivityPanels->woocommerce_updated_note, Automattic\WooCommerce\Admin\Notes\WC_Admin_Notes_Settings_Notes::add_notes_for_settings_that_have_moved, Automattic\WooCommerce\Admin\Notes\WC_Admin_Notes_Settings_Notes::possibly_add_notice_setting_moved_note, WC_Data->save, WC_Data_Store->create, Automattic\WooCommerce\Admin\Notes\DataStore->create
    [11-Mar-2020 21:31:31 UTC] WordPress database error Table 'erwnggnbee.wp_wc_admin_note_actions' doesn't exist for query DELETE FROM wp_wc_admin_note_actions WHERE note_id = 0 made by require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('init'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, WC_Install::check_version, do_action('woocommerce_updated'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, Automattic\WooCommerce\Admin\Features\ActivityPanels->woocommerce_updated_note, Automattic\WooCommerce\Admin\Notes\WC_Admin_Notes_Settings_Notes::add_notes_for_settings_that_have_moved, Automattic\WooCommerce\Admin\Notes\WC_Admin_Notes_Settings_Notes::possibly_add_notice_setting_moved_note, WC_Data->save, WC_Data_Store->create, Automattic\WooCommerce\Admin\Notes\DataStore->create, Automattic\WooCommerce\Admin\Notes\DataStore->save_actions
    [11-Mar-2020 21:31:31 UTC] WordPress database error Table 'erwnggnbee.wp_wc_admin_note_actions' doesn't exist for query SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM wp_wc_admin_note_actions made by require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('init'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, WC_Install::check_version, do_action('woocommerce_updated'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, Automattic\WooCommerce\Admin\Features\ActivityPanels->woocommerce_updated_note, Automattic\WooCommerce\Admin\Notes\WC_Admin_Notes_Settings_Notes::add_notes_for_settings_that_have_moved, Automattic\WooCommerce\Admin\Notes\WC_Admin_Notes_Settings_Notes::possibly_add_notice_setting_moved_note, WC_Data->save, WC_Data_Store->create, Automattic\WooCommerce\Admin\Notes\DataStore->create, Automattic\WooCommerce\Admin\Notes\DataStore->save_actions
    WHERE note_id = 0 made by require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('init'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, WC_Install::check_version, do_action('woocommerce_updated'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, Automattic\WooCommerce\Admin\Features\ActivityPanels->woocommerce_updated_note, Automattic\WooCommerce\Admin\Notes\WC_Admin_Notes_Settings_Notes::add_notes_for_settings_that_have_moved, Automattic\WooCommerce\Admin\Notes\WC_Admin_Notes_Settings_Notes::possibly_add_notice_setting_moved_note, WC_Data->save, WC_Data_Store->create, Automattic\WooCommerce\Admin\Notes\DataStore->create, Automattic\WooCommerce\Admin\Notes\DataStore->save_actions, Automattic\WooCommerce\Admin\Notes\DataStore->read_actions
    [11-Mar-2020 21:31:31 UTC] WordPress database error Table 'erwnggnbee.wp_wc_admin_notes' doesn't exist for query SELECT note_id FROM wp_wc_admin_notes WHERE name = 'wc-update-db-reminder' ORDER BY note_id ASC made by require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('init'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, WC_Install::check_version, WC_Install::install, WC_Install::maybe_update_db_version, WC_Notes_Run_Db_Update::show_reminder, WC_Notes_Run_Db_Update::get_current_notice, WC_Data_Store->__call, Automattic\WooCommerce\Admin\Notes\DataStore->get_notes_with_name
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

These PHP errors are trivial, but yeah send these PHP errors to the woocommerce-gateway-paypal-express-checkout plugin authors so that they can fix these php errors. Most likely the other php errors are also related to the woocommerce-gateway-paypal-express-checkout plugin. These are fairly common errors that happen due to some minor coding problem in a particular plugin or theme.  Nothing to get seriously concerned about and just things that need to get fixed in a procedural sense. ie next version release fixes bug x, y or z.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Sorry a bit distracted these days with everything that is going on.  😉 Your original question is probably related to the BPS Pro Plugin Firewall. Please contact me directly > info at ait-pro dot com. I’d like to login to your site and fix the problem. Just simply faster for everyone.

AMDG
    Participant

Not a problem! It’s so good of you to be considering this for me; thank you!

I would be exceedingly grateful for help from you via login; I sent you an email as you requested.

I greatly admire how attentive you’ve been over my WooCommerce Exclude States plugin problem … that might not even have anything to do with the BPS Pro settings. Thank you very kindly for your time and kindness! 🙂

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

As it turns out the block/403 error was not being caused by the BPS Pro Plugin Firewall. A few security rules in the root htaccess file were blocking this very dangerous method and Query String used in the WooCommerce Exclude State plugin. Now the bigger issue is this – when I deactivate BPS root BulletProof Mode to allow the dangerous method and Query String used in the WooCommerce Exclude State plugin, I no longer see the standard BPS 403 error message and instead see a standard host server 403 error message. What that means is either that Wordfence is also blocking the dangerous method and Query String used in the WooCommerce Exclude State plugin or some security feature on your web host server is also blocking this for obvious reasons. I don’t like pointing fingers or passing blame, but yeah the dangerous method and Query String used in the WooCommerce Exclude State plugin is really bad. See below. This type of method and Query String is not good to say the least. So if it was my website I would simply not use that plugin and find another plugin that does the same thing. So before spending any more time on this… how do you want to proceed? Find another plugin that does the same thing or I can change things in BPS Pro to allow this dangerous method and Query String used in the WooCommerce Exclude State plugin, but that still leaves you with figuring out what else is blocking this. Let me know what you want to do from here.

https://caputchain.com/wp-admin/%3C?%20echo%20$_SERVER[%27REQUEST_URI%27];?%3E

If you want to see what I’m talking about…

1. Deactivate BPS Root BulletProof Mode.
    2. Click the Save Checked States button.
    3. You will see your standard web host 403 error page below instead of the BPS 403 error message, which means either Wordfence or something on your host server is also blocking this dangerous method and Query String.

Forbidden
    You don’t have permission to access this resource.

I found this alternative WooCommerce plugin.  Not sure if it will do what you want or not, but it is very highly rated > https://wordpress.org/plugins/advanced-shipping-validation-for-woocommerce/

AMDG
    Participant

Hi! I’m so sorry for the delay, but I just got home … . Let’s see … , woah! This sounds quite serious! Thank you for figuring this all out! This is a wonderful amount of information. 🙂

No, I don’t want you to change things in BPS Pro to allow the dangerous method and Query String used in the WooCommerce Exclude States plugin.

It sounds like I was blindly trying to use a bad plugin and that the security rules in the root htaccess file, as well as BPS Pro on standby, were saving the site. Wow, I can’t say how much I am grateful to you for taking the time and effort to find this all out- especially since the BPS Pro plugin is so amazing.

Oh! You gave me an alternative plugin link; thank you so very much! People were saying there was a way to use code to exclude the states, but I know nothing about code yet, so I was desperate to use the Exclude States Plugin. I am in awe at how you found such a perfect plugin- sheer perfection for my needs.

You have been so absolutely helpful, and kind- I still can’t get over your speed and willingness to help me out of the troubles I was making for myself … . Thank you again, for your perfect service! =D

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Thanks for the awesome kudos! 🙂 Let me know if that other plugin I suggested does what you need or not. That info would also be helpful to anyone else who runs into this same issue.

AMDG
    Participant

Gladly! Setup of the Advanced Shipment Tracking for WooCommerce plugin was exceedingly easy and it looks perfect, but before I let you know if it works I had better test it with a purchase … .

On March 19th, I am going to make a test purchase from the store. When I do so, I will first enter my own state into the plugin to see if I am truly prevented from completing the purchase; I’ll be sure to come back here and let you know the outcome. 😉

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Cool. I’m going to reach out to the WooCommerce Exclude State plugin author and coder to coder gonna point out how things could be done better in a friendly way. That’s always a sensitive thing to talk about, but other than that issue it seems like the WooCommerce Exclude State plugin is a good plugin in general.

AMDG
    Participant

Hi! I edited the comment above just in case you thought I was talking about the WooCommerce Exclude States plugin, rather than the Advanced Shipment Tracking for WooCommerce plugin. When I came back and read my message, it sounded like I could be talking about either one … .

Good luck with your coder to coder talk! On the very surface, the WooCommerce Exclude States plugin does look nice, but I’m surely thankful to you and BPS Pro that I have deleted it from my site, and for the alternative link to the Advanced Shipment Tracking for WooCommerce plugin! =D

AMDG
    Participant

The Advanced Shipping for WooCommerce plugin didn’t work for me when I made the test purchase on the 19th; it was as though the plugin didn’t exist … . My hypothetical theory is that I did something wrong with the WooCommerce shipping settings that prevents it from doing its job. Afterwards, I changed the WooCommerce shipping settings a good deal in trying to find out how to operate the plugin, but the plugin is still unresponsive.

After I failed dismally, I wrote the plugin owner asking what I could be doing wrong, but he has not responded.

If I don’t get back to you, this will mean he never responded, but I’ll let you know if the plugin does end up working- for your future generations of forum readers. 😉

It is kind of sad, because the interface of the plugin is so nice, and it would be so useful- if I could only operate it correctly. I’m thinking of just putting a message on the site the old-fashioned way, “Don’t buy from here if you aren’t one of these states; your order won’t be processed,” or along those lines. 🙂

How nice it is that the BPS Pro plugin works on autopilot, and has awesome and responsive support! 😉 Have a blessed day!

AMDG
    Participant

Out of the blue- when I was making a purchase today, the Advanced Shipping plugin worked! =) I was messing around with the WooCommerce shipping settings in order to make the sales tax work properly- so it was totally unexpected when I was blocked by the plugin from making a test purchase! 😉 Now I feel as though I absolutely cannot switch the settings, because they must be perfect as they are right now. lol ;D

On the internet, there are a lot of people looking for just this kind of plugin to exclude states for them; I hope that some of those people will see this forum! =D

I can’t believe how fortuitous this is! Thank you again, for going above and beyond in all degrees of service! ;D Have a wonderful day! =D

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Sounds like the problem had to do with the BPS Pro Plugin Firewall.  By default the BPS Pro Plugin Firewall WP Cron job is set to run every 10 minutes.  When the Plugin Firewall WP Cron job runs it will automatically create any current whitelist rules that are needed.  You can speed up that process by clicking the Test Mode button under the Plugin Firewall section on the B-Core page and then clicking through your main website pages, links, menus, etc.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.