Access log location

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Access log location

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Phil
    Participant

Hi,

Does BPS Pro maintain a log of who logged in and when??  If so, where can I find the log via SFTP?

My site is preventing access to the back-end and I want to look-up who logged in last.

Many thanks,

Phil.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

If you are using the BPS Pro Login Security > Log All Account Logins logging option then all logins will be logged with a timestamp and other info.  The only other login logging that occurs in the Security Log is blocked login attempts.  If you unable to login to your site try renaming the /bulletproof-security/ plugin folder if you think BPS is causing the problem.  If you think another plugin or theme is causing the problem then rename that plugin or theme folder.

Phil
    Participant

Thanks for your quick reply.

1.  I’m unable to see if the local admin has enabled that capability or not.  Reviewing the logs using SFTP, I see nothing regarding access logging.  What would the file be called?  And would it be located in /wp-content/bps-backup/logs or some other folder?
    2. Regarding disabling BPS, I understood from reading other threads that BPS modifies .htaccess.  If I rename the plugin’s folder, is there further work I need to do on .htaccess to  take the site back to pre-bps?

Thanks,

Phil.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yes, the BPS log files are here > /wp-content/bps-backup/logs/.  The bps php error log may tell you what is causing the problem.  Yes, you can delete the root (same folder as the wp-config.php file) and wp-admin (in the wp-admin folder) htaccess files after renaming the /bulletproof-security/ plugin folder.

Phil
    Participant

Thanks.  I’ve done that.  I’ll work with the host engineering team to see if we can now get access.  Certainly no immediate change.

Please can you clarify how the 2 x .htaccess files will get replaced?

Do I need to manually create them wih some default entries, or does WordPress do that as soon as it notices they are missing?

Also is there a security impact until those files are replaced?

Thanks,
    Phil.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

When you get back into your site you would just run the Setup Wizards again.  Would you like for me to fix your site?  If so, then send a hosting account login (preferably cPanel) and a WordPress Administrator login to your site.  Been doing this stuff a long time and it will only take me minutes to figure out the problem and fix it. At this point it does not look like the problem is being caused by BPS.

Send the hosting account login and WordPress Administrator login to: info@ait-pro.com

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.