Activation number

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Activation number

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ljubomir Manojlovic
    Participant

I’m actually not sure how you set activation, but most likely is not the best option to get visible activation code in dashboard (to let clients to see it). If you agree about it, you can make it shadow (dots) or whatever.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

BPS Pro Activation Keys are unique to each website and each encrypted Activation Key will only work for 1 particular website.  So there is no need to hide the encrypted BPS Pro Activation Key.  The video tutorial link below shows how to request a BPS Pro Activation Key.

BulletProof Security Pro Installation, Activation & Setup Wizard Video Tutorial
    https://forum.ait-pro.com/video-tutorials/#setup-wizard

Ljubomir Manojlovic
    Participant

Sorry, but I think that you should to count on predicted situations.

First, I can’t see that in my Pro dashboard I have any control over (numbers of) websites ‘under’ my control (responsibility). Some other plugins have it (ie Formidable Forms, Thrive, WPML, …), what will make me capable to disable remotely plugin registration/licensing (read, Pro features with further updates).

Second, your license terms (lets to say, less important, but …) obligate me to have control over website (mean, maintanance). However, if I will loose those control, client still have licensed product with updates (what I paid, but he don’t want to pay anymore trough maintenance). Actually, most websites are under the owner hosting control (account), what mean how they can in any time to disable maintainer access to website (server) and without any previous sign.

So, if key is visible, that could be fine (as it is per site), but some kind of remote control will be desirable (at least I think that), or not?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The way the BPS Pro Activation Key works is that the site where BPS Pro is installed and activated communicates with our API server to get updates and to function.  So if we deactivate a BPS Pro Activation Key on our API server then BPS Pro will be deactivated on website X and no longer function or receive BPS Pro plugin updates.

We can deactivate BPS Pro on any website from our API server.  So if you lose a client/customer and want us to deactivate BPS Pro on that client’s/customer’s website then just send us an email requesting BPS Pro deactivation on website X.

Ljubomir Manojlovic
    Participant

Thanks. That will works just fine. I mean, that is also your interest. So, I will inform about procedure all clients previously to install and activate BPS Pro. Just in case, to check – that mean how they by themselves can to purchase license and to reactivate plugin with new license (also after you deactivate it remotely – or just during active subscription?), right?

Case solved and closed.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You never want to share your BPS Pro Download-Request Key with anyone.  The Download-Request Key is used by only you to request BPS Pro Activation Keys.  When you are installing BPS Pro on your customer’s websites the Download-Request Key is used temporarily to make the BPS Pro Activation Key request and then it is deleted from that website’s database.  If a person purchases BPS Pro they will receive a BPS Pro Download-Request Key that can be used to request BPS Pro Activation Keys for their websites.

If you request that a website have BPS Pro deactivated and then that customer decides to purchase BPS Pro later on then that person will get their own BPS Pro Download-Request Key, which they will use to request a BPS Pro Activation Key with.  The previous BPS Pro deactivation on that website will no longer be in effect once they request a new BPS Pro Activation Key.

Ljubomir Manojlovic
    Participant

Thanks. System is just fine. Exactly what developers/maintainers need.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.