Adding Code to BPS Includes Function.php File

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free Adding Code to BPS Includes Function.php File

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    valt
    Participant

Hello,

I have added some code to my .htaccess file to change the browser caching on my WordPress site. The expires caching code.

I added the code between the lines

#   BULLETPROOF .48.5 >>>>>>> SECURE .HTACCESS

and

# If you edit the  BULLETPROOF .48.5 >>>>>>> SECURE .HTACCESS text above

2 lines below this I notice that it reads,
    # If you would like to change what is displayed above you
    # will need to edit the BPS /includes/functions.php file to match your changes

I found this file but I have no idea where in this file I'm suppose to add the code. 

I would greatly appreciate some help with this and thank you.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You would not need to change anything in the functions.php file as long as you put your caching code below/after all of the text at the top of the .htaccess file.  That is where it should go anyway.  The top section of text is just commented out text that is there for version checking.

# BULLETPROOF .48.5 >>>>>>> SECURE .HTACCESS

# If you edit the BULLETPROOF .48.5 >>>>>>> SECURE .HTACCESS text above
    # you will see error messages on the BPS Security Status page
    # BPS is reading the version number in the htaccess file to validate checks
    # If you would like to change what is displayed above you
    # will need to edit the BPS /includes/functions.php file to match your changes
    # If you update your WordPress Permalinks the code between BEGIN WordPress and
    # END WordPress is replaced by WP htaccess code.
    # This removes all of the BPS security code and replaces it with just the default WP htaccess code
    # To restore this file use BPS Restore or activate BulletProof Mode for your Root folder again.

# BEGIN WordPress
    # IMPORTANT!!! DO NOT DELETE!!! – B E G I N WordPress above or E N D WordPress – text in this file
    # They are reference points for WP, BPS and other plugins to write to this htaccess file.
    # IMPORTANT!!! DO NOT DELETE!!! – BPSQSE BPS QUERY STRING EXPLOITS – text
    # BPS needs to find the – BPSQSE – text string in this file to validate that your security filters exist

Your caching code goes here

valt
    Participant

Thank you so much for your help and preventing me from making a mess of things.

I greatly appreciate it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.