Admin cannot update User profiles

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Admin cannot update User profiles

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    LizC
    Participant

I have re-vamped an old WP site and installed BPS Pro without problems, except that we cannot change User details, e.g. change email address or names. In staging I have removed BPS Pro and am able to edit user details. As soon as I activate BPS Pro I can no longer edit, though I can add new user (but the new users cant be edited). On the main site I have gone though all the troubleshooting e.g. within BPS Pro I have deactivated RBM, WBM, PFW, Login and JTC and so on. Even with everything deactivated I still cannot edit Users. The only thing that works is deactivating the whole plugin.

I can’t obviously see a plugin conflict, we are not using a membership plugin and users login using the WordPress page. Let me know what specific info you need to progress this. Thanks.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yes, this appears to be a plugin or theme conflict since BPS does not have any features that disable editing user profiles.  Deactivate all of your plugins except BPS Pro and test editing user profiles. Then enable your plugins one by one until you find the plugin that is causing the conflict.  If the problem still occurs after deactivating all of your plugins then switch your theme temporarily and test editing user profiles.

LizC
    Participant

I can’t confirm that BPS is blocking anything except WordPress, as the site works fine with all other plugins when BPS is not activated. The troubleshooting steps did not reveal a specific part of BPS that was in conflict; updating users didn’t work when BPS was activated. Do you want the security log anyway? I’ve not deleted any of it so it’s a big file.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I have never had anyone mention this type of problem to me in the last 13 years.  I doubt the Security Log will show anything related to this since whatever problem is occurring it is not something that is being blocked.  So there would not be a Security Log entry for this.  Try reinstalling WordPress on the Dashboard > Updates page > click the Re-install version xxx button.

LizC
    Participant

Thanks for your reply. It is an odd problem and I think it is a glitch in the WordPress matrix. I shall reinstall it, as you suggest.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.